8 hour requests are a joke here.

Packmule

Fortunately it wasn't critical, just wanted to get started on vaca without the blow out dispatch holding me back. Still my 8 hr request turned into a 9.5.
Surprise surprise.
Just curious, how does penalty pay for that work and is it worth the trouble?

Cementups

Box Monkey
Sounds like a double grievance possibility then. File for the 8 and if you have 2+ other 9.5 days, then file on that too. Easy money.

Oh, and penalty pay on an 8 hour grievance is 2 hours pay. So $66.

BrownTexas

Fortunately it wasn't critical, just wanted to get started on vaca without the blow out dispatch holding me back. Still my 8 hr request turned into a 9.5.
Surprise surprise.
Penalty pay in my supplement says they have to pay you an additional 2 hours of pay. Of course you have to grieve it. If you don't grieve it then I'm sure all future 8 hr request will be treated the same as this one.

T

Turdferguson

Surprise surprise.
I didnt see any penelty pay for 8hr request in central supplement. After getting hosed over on 8hr request 2 times in past just found it easier to call in sick for future ones when I used to drive got enough o.t to make up lost pay anyway

Sent using BrownCafe App

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Surprise surprise.
file on it, and you will get 2 hours of penalty pay. There are several drivers in my buidling (mysel fincluded) who put them in on Mondays or Wednesdays knowing there isnt a snowballs chanc e in Hades of it being honored with the sole vision of being able to file and collect. And since the day wasn't honoured it dosent count towards the Two a Month we are entitled to so we follow suit the next week .
Between 8 hour Penalty grievances,Supervisor Working Grievances and Excessive Overtime Grievances I have made an extra $8,000 this year so far.

Packmule

Sounds like a double grievance possibility then. File for the 8 and if you have 2+ other 9.5 days, then file on that too. Easy money.

Oh, and penalty pay on an 8 hour grievance is 2 hours pay. So $66.
Possibly. Will chech the hours for the week. Irony is that seem to stand a better chance by not requesting 8 hrs than doing so!

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I didnt see any penelty pay for 8hr request in central supplement. After getting hosed over on 8hr request 2 times in past just found it easier to call in sick for future ones when I used to drive got enough o.t to make up lost pay anyway

Sent using BrownCafe App

That's what they want you to do or offer the day off !!
They don't have to screw around with the loop dispatch if your 8 hour day request is void.

Surprise surprise.
2 hour penalty pay!
One year I got paid for 17 of them!
After that....guess what?

I get my 8 hour days!

upschuck

Someone previous said that in the central, that you can bring it back undelivered, if they give you too much work. Didn't see that in supplement, so it must have been a grievance decision.

9.5er

You need to file for the penalty pay if they did not honor your 8hr request. Easiest money you can make out here. Don't let it slip through the cracks.

Overpaid Union Thug

I wish people would only ask for 8 hours when they actually need it instead of either just to make extra money or/and just to make life a little more difficult for the dispatchers and supervisors. Why? Because I'm one of the guys that frequently gets burned by them. That is.....when they actually decided to honor them.

I wish people would only ask for 8 hours when they actually need it instead of either just to make extra money or/and just to make life a little more difficult for the dispatchers and supervisors. Why? Because I'm one of the guys that frequently gets burned by them. That is.....when they actually decided to honor them.
Guess you need to,opt In!
If enough guys opt in,take their 8 hour days.
They might actually have to put a route or three in!

Just saying.

CHALLY9TX

No offense but I take mine even if I don't need them. It's my right per the contract. Management and dispatch know exactly what is needed to give me an 8 hour day. They also have a weeks notice and sometimes 3 weeks notice because I like to plan ahead. There is no excuse for them not to honor my 8 hour requests.

Sent using BrownCafe App