Amazon confirms rollout of one-hour delivery service

oldngray

nowhere special
Amazon.com on Thursday introduced Prime Now, a service in Manhattan promising delivery in as soon as one hour

The service, first reported by The Wall Street Journal, is available in parts of New York, though Amazon said it would expand to other cities next year. Amazon will charge $7.99 for delivery within an hour, though two-hour delivery is free, according to a statement.

Amazon said more than 25,000 items are eligible for delivery under the Prime Now program, which is only available to customers who pay $99 for the annual Prime membership.

platinum9898

This is bad for ups...amazon carries almost anything...we can't afford to lose more accounts...how will the union fight for higher top rates in the future?

TUT

I've requested this from Amazon. When I open my side door to my house, I want their warehouse with all-products available at my whim. Until then The Holy Grail hasn't been achieved, you fail Amazon. Try harder.

MechLift

25,000 items out of millions seems pretty limited. Must be stuff with lots of turnover like toothpaste and Snicker bars. A search on mens boots brings up over 43,000 results.

browner89

2 hours is free? Jesus christ ups will have no beloved residentials left :( best part of my day
Are you really sweating over this?

It's pretty irrelevant and only available in one state to an unbelievably limited number of items. Likely very small items with a low weight limit, only things extremely easy to move that UPS probably doesn't ship much of anyways.

platinum9898

Are you really sweating over this?

It's pretty irrelevant and only available in one state to an unbelievably limited number of items. Likely very small items with a low weight limit, only things extremely easy to move that UPS probably doesn't ship much of anyways.

I'm sweating my next 30 years with the company