Amazon Switching From Us To Fed-EX With 9 Days Left

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
called amazon today because we have amazon orders delayed by UPS. lady from Amazon said that they are having so many problems with delays from UPS ( claiming not enough people ) that are switching much of their volume to our competitor. seems like a reversal from last year.

however it seems like we dropped the ball again.

DOK

When will ups start our own "amazon" and bury that company? We already have the most difficult/expensive part covered, a delivery network.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

called amazon today because we have amazon orders delayed by UPS. lady from Amazon said that they are having so many problems with delays from UPS ( claiming not enough people ) that are switching much of their volume to our competitor. seems like a reversal from last year.

I doubt that someone working at an Amazon call center is going to know this.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member

May I suggest free 2-day shipping with Amazon Prime
evil-smile.gif

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I guess Amazon didn't hear about the fedex trailer thay was ripped open on the highway then....that can't be good PR for them. Any late presents, I'm going to blame on FedEx this year :D

edd_tv

Cardboard picker upper
Out of my 500 peices today I'd venture to say 130 were Amazon. That's a conservative estimate.

It seems like the Amazon Prime customers seem to hold themselves in high regard too. One tried to bitch at me while on lunch about how they were upset that their package was taped non Amazon tape. I just shook my head and said,well. I'm eating, I am sorry you feel the need to try and make your self seem important by interrupting my double whopper. She said she had called Amazon and UPS but they wouldn't talk to her because nothing was missing or broken. I said, so what's the problem then? You got your stuff, in one piece, next day, what else do you want. Sometimes we take the extra step and tape boxes to make sure of that happens.

dragracer66

Where do some you people get this info? Like they said earlier some call center person isn't going to know anything like that. Also I guess amazon in Middletown De didn't get the same memo. We sent 82 trailers there in the last 2 days!

UPSGUY72

I call BS.

Fed Ex couldn't handle every amazon package even if they got rid of all there other accounts.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
Out of my 500 peices today I'd venture to say 130 were Amazon. That's a conservative estimate.

It seems like the Amazon Prime customers seem to hold themselves in high regard too. One tried to bitch at me while on lunch about how they were upset that their package was taped non Amazon tape. I just shook my head and said,well. I'm eating, I am sorry you feel the need to try and make your self seem important by interrupting my double whopper. She said she had called Amazon and UPS but they wouldn't talk to her because nothing was missing or broken. I said, so what's the problem then? You got your stuff, in one piece, next day, what else do you want. Sometimes we take the extra step and tape boxes to make sure of that happens.
WHAT?! YOU DON'T CARRY AMAZON PRIME TAPE WHEREVER YOU GO?!

Lousy, good-for-nothing driver...

alwaysoverallowed

It's more likely that we told Amazon we're taking X amount each day or you'll be paying a penalty. so your stuff, along with thousands of others, is just getting rolled until they're able to ship it without penalty and it's easier to just say we're not taking it.

O

OLDMAN3

I heard Thursday is free shipping day for a lot of retailers. 1070 companies http://www.freeshippingday.com/
The 18th!
That is just plain crazy.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2014/12/16/amazon-shipping-christmas-shipping-extended/20465773/
AMAZON...
Customers who purchase items by Friday at 11:59 p.m. ET will still be able to have them delivered free by Christmas Eve, the company announced on Tuesday.

Last year the free shipping cutoff was Dec. 17
Amazon Prime members, who pay a $99 membership per year, can get free two-day shipping as late as Dec. 22.

Last edited by a moderator: