Back to survival mode.

ChrisTheBrown

Paying my dues, day by day, & trying to make BB58, IVE & Retiredtxfeeder proud..
(I'm not whining, I promise.)

Sent using BrownCafe App

Attachments

• 1422141937487.jpg
    1422141937487.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 357

PT Car Washer

A lot of people are in survival mode. The Saturday list was full and bottom guys were cut. Normally we have a couple of Art 22.3's working. FT drivers back on the preload. Next couple months will be lean.

ChrisTheBrown

I'm trying to look at the positives in this time..I'm going back to the gym now, & feeling a whole lot better about myself physically, which actually means more to me then some extra cash. Take advantage of this down time, while I can.

Sent using BrownCafe App

PT Car Washer

I'm trying to look at the positives in this time..I'm going back to the gym now, & feeling a whole lot better about myself physically, which actually means more to me then some extra cash. Take advantage of this down time, while I can.

Sent using BrownCafe App
That is my plan also. Just as soon as the afternoon John Wayne movie is over.

Overpaid Union Thug

We are pretty top heavy for the next couple of weeks with no vacations scheduled. They never really lay off drivers here like they might in hubs and bigger centers. We have dead days/option days instead. We only have a preload and reload so going through the correct process of laying off the extra drivers would be a disaster. Some would just work one shift (reload or preload) but people like me would work both or whatever else we could get to get our 8 hours. It would be a logistical nightmare for management if they had to keep laying off and calling back preloaders/reloaders to accommodate drivers As far as I know (haven't looked in a while) our supplement doesn't have the 10% rule but I'm probably wrong. I've been out of the bottom 10% for a while now. This all won't matter come summer time. Even if ORION cuts some routes. But then again...I'm hearing that many centers didn't lose routes because of ORION.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Good thing about our hub, we have plenty of FT drivers wanting to go home. Bad thing is these same drivers will be here for 30+ years because they make just enough to "get by".

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Good thing about our hub, we have plenty of FT drivers wanting to go home. Bad thing is these same drivers will be here for 30+ years because they make just enough to "get by".
I'm taking advantage of the extra staffing.
Taking a day off a week so a fellow cover driver has a route to work.
I can't do that too often because I don't want to screw up my benefits.
This is a 30 year marathon, so taking some dead days during winter is just what the doctor ordered.
Being debt-free and having more than enough to pay the mortgage and bills is mind-blowing.

PT Car Washer

This is a 30 year marathon, so taking some dead days during winter is just what the doctor ordered.
Being debt-free and having more than enough to pay the mortgage and bills is mind-blowing.
Not having a mortgage and a half dozen pay checks in the sock drawer helps me sleep better at night. I am just helping the younger guys get some hours in when the temps are down around zero.

ChrisTheBrown

How's having a mortgage considered debt-free?..

Sent using BrownCafe App

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
How's having a mortgage considered debt-free?..

Sent using BrownCafe App

In the simplest of terms, you are correct.
If you follow Dave Ramsey, he considers credit cards, car loans, student loans, HELOC's, medical bills, etc as debt.
A mortgage is almost a necessary evil but as long as it's a quarter of your monthly budget, it's not grouped with the others.

Last edited:

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Right while having a mortgage is not strictly considered debt free, not having credit card debt, student loans etc in this economy is considered doing prettyb well by most. I learned the hard way about debt and had to rethink everything. I now just have the mortgage and a car lease payment for the wife. We try to pay cash for everything. We have credit cards but they have a zero balance.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
In the simplest of terms, you are correct.
If you follow Dave Ramsey, he considers credit cards, car loans, student loans, HELOC's, medical bills, etc as debt.
A mortgage is almost a necessary evil but as long as it's a quarter of your monthly budget, it's not grouped with the others.
You do not even have to follow Dave Ramsey.

There are exceptions, balloon payments, underwater etc, but for the most part, anyone who owns a home can sell the home for at least what they owe on it. So in reality, you are not in debt.