Best way to use map efficiently without wasting time.

Scuderia1

The shadowing is done and orientation is finished. My 90 days start Monday to make seniority. I am not sure if I will be riding shotgun or how it's going to be done. If you have an idea what I will face Monday please let me know.

I am going to be operating in a brand new area. Originally I was hired for where I live but they changed last minute.

What is the best way to move around swiftly and accurately iphone google map or a real map book?

Sent using BrownCafe App

I would set up the next 5-10 stops and then look at the approx addresses on the map. Repeat.

Of course this was on a paper map as we didn't have this technomology you young whippersnappers have.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

When you go in to today ask for a printout of the previous day's delivery records for that area. Take your map and highlight the route that the driver took to make his deliveries on to the map. Spend a few hours over the weekend actually driving the route to familiarize yourself with the area.

"Shadowing is done" means that you will be on your own Monday morning. Take it one stop at a time. Good luck.

OPTION3

When you go in to today ask for a printout of the previous day's delivery records for that area. Take your map and highlight the route that the driver took to make his deliveries on to the map. Spend a few hours over the weekend actually driving the route to familiarize yourself with the area.

"Shadowing is done" means that you will be on your own Monday morning. Take it one stop at a time. Good luck.
Make sure you do ALL of this off the clock……..wow!

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
For sure, have paper map. Compare that with EDD.

You on ORION? Follow it via the map. It will show you what direction to go.

Good luck!

Future

Victory Ride
The shadowing is done and orientation is finished. My 90 days start Monday to make seniority. I am not sure if I will be riding shotgun or how it's going to be done. If you have an idea what I will face Monday please let me know.

I am going to be operating in a brand new area. Originally I was hired for where I live but they changed last minute.

What is the best way to move around swiftly and accurately iphone google map or a real map book?

Sent using BrownCafe App
Drive with one hand on the wheel and the other holding the map .......you will be fine

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member

Instead of wasting gas, he could pull up Google Earth and Street view and check his area a lot more efficiently. A lot easier nowadays

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Instead of wasting gas, he could pull up Google Earth and Street view and check his area a lot more efficiently. A lot easier nowadays
That would be a nice start and give a general overview of an area but being on site will give this young padawan a better feel for the route. It would be a wise investment of time to spend a couple hours on Saturday to drive the area and get the feel where things are. A map only shows certain things but area knowledge is priceless.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

That would be a nice start and give a general overview of an area but being on site will give this young padawan a better feel for the route. It would be a wise investment of time to spend a couple hours on Saturday to drive the area and get the feel where things are. A map only shows certain things but area knowledge is priceless.

But....but....but....the Joe Unions will whine that you are "working off the clock".

I call it an investment in your future.