Delivering Ground on Friday

laffter

As far as you guys know, has UPS ever delivered Ground on the day after Thanksgiving?

Let's say your route delivers to a mall- how is that even going to work? I help on a mall route, and I've mentioned to a few store employees that we'll be there on Friday this year. They were all very confused as to how we expect to get anything done.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My Walmart has never accepted deliveries on Black Friday-----this year they are.

Businesses that were closed because we were not running will be open that day.

Yes, the mall will be crowded, but the worst of Black Friday should be done by the time we hit the road.

Last edited:

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Walmart has never accepted deliveries on Black Friday-----this year they are.

Businesses that were closed because we were not running will be open that day.

Yes, the mall will be crowded, but the worst of Black Friday should be done by the time we hit the road.

Are you sure every Walmart is accepting deliveries, or just your's?

UPSGUY72

As far as you guys know, has UPS ever delivered Ground on the day after Thanksgiving?

Let's say your route delivers to a mall- how is that even going to work? I help on a mall route, and I've mentioned to a few store employees that we'll be there on Friday this year. They were all very confused as to how we expect to get anything done.

I'll let you how delivering to the Mall and strip mall across the street works out. I'm covering a Mall route this week and the all but 3 of the deliveries for both are either front door or inside the mall deliveries. Should be a total cluster.

Cementups

Box Monkey
M6pDJ.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
S

selfcancelsignal

I'm more curious how far out my area is going to extend after letting dispatch know about all of my closed businesses & pick ups.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I'm more curious how far out my area is going to extend after letting dispatch know about all of my closed businesses & pick ups.
I'm sure I'll need a map. Of my 30 plus pickups only three are open. I get the feeling this will be a total cluster "friend." In fact the had us note any known closures with CF in the remarks column. Prophetic?

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
I guess I'm ready , just look for Saturday and Sunday as do nothing days but grill, watch football or a movie, and just chillllllll!