I try to pay bills one week early but it's really where the due date is

My month
1st week rent , misc
2nd week car , electric , misc
3rd week car , insurance , misc
4th week cell phone , misc

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I pay everything as they come in...except for my car loan...I pay it weekly, as per my financial advisor...I'm hoping to pay it off in 3 years instead of 5.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Instill this in your kids. Cash rules. Off books. Cash Is king. friend stock market I like cold hard cash. You would be amazed at deals you can get when you have stacks of $100 's

QKRSTKR

I am now living a month ahead. Meaning every check I earn in July I don't budget till August. So yes I have a buffer in my checking account equal or more than I make a month. That way with the irregular hours we work I can budget exactly down to the last penny. Talk about stress free living.

I also have auto bill pay for things like mortgage, life ins., others like utilities I pay with online banking and schedule to pay on the due date.

Anyone interested in good budget software and the month ahead living check out YNAB (you need a budget)

UPSwife0174

Most of our bills are automatic (mortgage, car, insurance, gym membership, kid's regular activities). Utilities seem to come due around the 15th, so I pay them when I get paid the 15th (i get paid twice/month). The UPS checks right now are all over the board, so that basically covers weekly gas, food, and childcare expenses.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I just peel a few hundies off the roll and throw them at the person asking for money...but seriously when I was single I paid them with online bill pay the day they came in. Since I got married and my wife took my balls away she does all the budgeting and paying of the bills.

Sent from my 28 year old brown truck

oldngray

nowhere special
Except for monthly bills like utilities I use a credit card for everything and pay it all off every month. Free money plus the 2% cash back on groceries and gas.

ChickenLegs

Safety Expert
The regulars like utilities are auto payed, drafted from my "bills" account. The other random stuff gets paid the day they come.

I don't owe anyone a penny. I still budget allowances for certain toys though.

BrownTexas

Instill this in your kids. Cash rules. Off books. Cash Is king. friend stock market I like cold hard cash. You would be amazed at deals you can get when you have stacks of $100 's
So true. I buy so much stuff from Craigslist and never give the person what they want for it. Always offer less. Even if you think it is already a good deal.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
auto pay on everything. saves time ($$$) stamps etc. never had a problem with that.

American express pay in full every month. last year got about $300 back.

sell car and buy a good used one for cash. they are out there if you have patience. raise deductible on insurance to save on that bill.

very rarely pay full retail. buy used from craigslist, garage sales, and thrift shops.

pay extra on mortgage principle every month. paid off house in 15 years instead of 30 and saved $136,000.00 in interest.

max out 401k and IRA( if qualified ) to save on taxes which is persons biggest expense after housing. learn to live on less.

strip on weekends for cash ( kidding )

million dollar advice for free.

kingOFchester

I take my dump around 6am......between my first cup of coffee and my shower.

Oh, NVM, this thread is about when I pay my bills.

I pay them around 6:30am on Saturday morning.....Shortly after the 6am ritual listed above.

oldngray

nowhere special
I take my dump around 6am......between my first cup of coffee and my shower.

Oh, NVM, this thread is about when I pay my bills.

I pay them around 6:30am on Saturday morning.....Shortly after the 6am ritual listed above.

It sounds like you are just a regular kind of guy.

Last edited: