I can not seem to get an answer anywhere..

UPSSC

I qualified as a full time driver on May 25th. Should I be under old contract pay or new contract pay at $18.75? I was being paid $21.12. Got a pay raise when other drivers did to $24.22 then the check after I made book, I had been cut to $18.75. Just trying to make sure I am being paid correctly. HR no help, SS doesn't know. Can anyone tell me?

Sent using BrownCafe App

UPSGUY72

Your under the new contract Anyone who started driving on or after Aug 1, 2013 is covered under the new contract.

Start $18.75
Seniority $18.75
Twelve (12) months $19.50
Twenty-four (24) months $21.00
Thirty-six (36) months Top Rate $25.00
Forty-eight (48) months Top Rate

With that being said you should have gotten the $.70 raise everyone else did on Aug first so you should be making $19.45 hr. Prior to Aug first you should have been making $18.75 hr.

ARTICLE 41. FULL-TIME EMPLOYEES Section 1. Full-time Wage Increases cover this.

If your not getting paid $19.45 hr file a grievance tomorrow and use said article. As you said HR isn't helping you.

Last edited:

UPSSC

My SS said if I'm under the new contract I would not get the .70 raise. There were several of us hired at the same time, some got it, some did not. No one can explain why the discrepancy.

Sent using BrownCafe App

UPSSC

Started qualifying April 3 at $21.10. About three weeks later, I received a pay raise to $24.22 as did other drivers in my building. My official full time date is May 25. My check for period 5/25/14-5/30/14 has my pay dropped to $18.75. It has been $18.75 since. When I questioned, no one can explain why I started at what I did, got a raise and then a pay cut. Was told by a sup, that I probably was being paid RTD rate in error but he was not sure. Makes no sense and three months later still can't get an answer. After wasting hours with HR, just given another number to call. This is ridiculous. If I was being paid RTD rate, sounds like I should have just done RTD and not gone full time. My insurance also changed but now double copay and deductible where before $10 copay with no deductible. There is no good explanation for either.

Sent using BrownCafe App

upschuck

Was $21.10 you current PT rate? I wonder if your short term raise had something to do with the imposing of the contract. There was obviously a payroll error somewhere. If your PT rate was below 18.75 then you are being paid correctly, if PT was higher then you should be getting your PT until the FT catches up. You will soon be making more than if you RTD, look at the long term.

The insurance is the easy part, your on FT insurance, and not PT insurance anymore.

azupser

You will be in separate progressing as posted earlier. You will not get 70 cent raise. You will get raises only on progression date. (You ft date)

By The Book

Thanks for the info.

Sent using BrownCafe App
What is your hire date with ups? Sounds like you were a part time employee who has worked here awhile? I also think you drove air on Saturday? Then became a full time driver and made book(full time seniority) on may 25th. If this scenario is correct your rate is red circled until your full time progression rate catches up to your part time rate. You should also get your .70 gwi because you had your seniority with ups before 8/01/2013. All the stars in the universe will have to align for this to be the case. Let me know.

UPSGUY72

You will be in separate progressing as posted earlier. You will not get 70 cent raise. You will get raises only on progression date. (You ft date)

That is not correct. Drivers in progression also get yearly contract raise like everyone else. Read your contract.

ARTICLE 41. FULL-TIME EMPLOYEES

thebrownbomber

That is not correct. Drivers in progression also get yearly contract raise like everyone else. Read your contract.

ARTICLE 41. FULL-TIME EMPLOYEES
This guy said he qualified may 25th 2014, he is under the new contract. Article 41- all full-time employees who have attained seniority as of August 1, 2013 will get general wages increases. That being said he gained full-time may 2014, will only get raises on may 25 for the next 4 years.

Sent using BrownCafe App