I had my first My Choice " Delivery Window" delivery yesterday

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
At 1100 yesterday I got an alert that 'the Delivery Window is now open' and that I had a package that had to be delivered within the window. I found a package in my 8300 section that was the culprit and drove 30 minutes to the deliver it(residential ground) and 30 minutes back.

These are GREAT! I need about 5 of these a day. I love that much windshield time

UPSGUY72

At 1100 yesterday I got an alert that 'the Delivery Window is now open' and that I had a package that had to be delivered within the window. I found a package in my 8300 section that was the culprit and drove 30 minutes to the deliver it(residential ground) and 30 minutes back.

These are GREAT! I need about 5 of these a day. I love that much windshield time

Your not going to get to many of those 2 hour window deliveries the customer has to pay $5 extra for that service. When the service first came out I got 1 or 2. Haven't seen any in over 6 months.

Future

Victory Ride
Fellow driver has one of those....drives by stop 3 times during the course of his day...then has to take a 20min joy ride after to deliver it within the window....he bitches about it

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have yet to have one of those deliveries but the ones that I have had and really dislike are the ones where the customer chooses the delivery location when they place their order. It shows up as an "E" in EDD. I also have several customers who put their requested delivery location as part of their address----one is an Amazon Prime customer while the other is an Avon lady. Why can't they just let us do our damn jobs?

Future

Victory Ride
I have yet to have one of those deliveries but the ones that I have had and really dislike are the ones where the customer chooses the delivery location when they place their order. It shows up as an "E" in EDD. I also have several customers who put their requested delivery location as part of their address----one is an Amazon Prime customer while the other is an Avon lady. Why can't they just let us do our damn jobs?
I like when they tell us where to leave pkg....takes the guessing game (at some stops) as where to leave it

barnyard

KTM rider
I have a stop that wants 'DR-garage.' Except they have 2 very aggressive dogs. I typically leave their stuff on the driveway, just inside the invisible fence.

I have not had a 'delivery window' package yet.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I like when they tell us where to leave pkg....takes the guessing game (at some stops) as where to leave it

Most of the time they get it wrong or they are a regular and we already know where they want their stuff. For example, the Prime member puts "Please leave at back door" on the line below her name on the address label. She also has two flower pots blocking her front door and a sign directing people to use the back door. The Avon lady puts "Please leave at back door", which is technically wrong because even though her apt is on the back side of the building all deliveries are left at the only door to her place, which would be the front door.

Future

Victory Ride
Most of the time they get it wrong or they are a regular and we already know where they want their stuff. For example, the Prime member puts "Please leave at back door" on the line below her name on the address label. She also has two flower pots blocking her front door and a sign directing people to use the back door. The Avon lady puts "Please leave at back door", which is technically wrong because even though her apt is on the back side of the building all deliveries are left at the only door to her place, which would be the front door.
Waaaaay to much thinking!

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I love those invisible fences-----you can mess with the dogs because you know just far they can go.
There are dogs (usually large ones) that have figured out that they can charge the invisible line, take the zap, and keep going. I know this because there are several on my route whose desire for a biscuit outweighs their fear of the shock. I am glad that their motivation for crossing the line is to get a biscuit and not to chew my leg off because I have been "messing with them."

Cementups

Box Monkey

One of my E customers did it because I was the only one who was putting stuff in the right spot at the side door. If they cut work from me or a cover driver would deliver it they would always take it to the front door. The one other driver was bitching about having to make the walk up the driveway instead of cutting through the yard to the front door. I had to explain to him that the driveway was the path of least resistance, to which he scoffed and said ':censored2: that". Shortly after that they added the E to the stop so now he has to (or should) deliver it to the side door.

T

Turdferguson

Keep doing that. Some dogs have learned to accept the momentary breakthrough pain in order to savage
a smartass ups driver.
Had one do that to me one time he was twitching and shaking at the fence line and I ran into a tree while running backwards trying to get back into package car. Worst part was a former driver who lived next door laughing whole time yelling " he just wants to be pet"

Sent using BrownCafe App

UPSGUY72

The ones with the E in the edd means the customer signed for the package online and UPS isn't responsible for the package after we DR it. Sometimes they leave a location and sometime they don't.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I have never seen a Delivery Window time pop up since this service went into effect, and a lot of my area is in an upscale residential area. I'm glad this is one idea that failed on a large scale. I do get a few EDD alerts telling me where to leave the package, half the time the customer will tell me to use a different DR location.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The ones with the E in the edd means the customer signed for the package online and UPS isn't responsible for the package after we DR it. Sometimes they leave a location and sometime they don't.

Packages which have been signed for online have to completed using
EDN.

Resident know-it-all.