If you are rear ended, what method did u fail?

margaritaville

I hear UPS always finds a way to blame you. Assuming you have your ebrake on, what would UPS charge you with if someone re-ended you are a red light cause they werent paying attention?

The reason i ask is because i got in a tier 1 accident that was unavoidable. I used all methods to avoid it but other drive caused it and admitted it. Im not worried or anything but im pissed cause i like to stay off the radar and now if i "cause" an accident anytime soon they will be on my ass a lot more than if this guy never bumped me.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I hear UPS always finds a way to blame you. Assuming you have your ebrake on, what would UPS charge you with if someone re-ended you are a red light cause they werent paying attention?

The reason i ask is because i got in a tier 1 accident that was unavoidable. I used all methods to avoid it but other drive caused it and admitted it. Im not worried or anything but im pissed cause i like to stay off the radar and now if i "cause" an accident anytime soon they will be on my ass a lot more than if this guy never bumped me.
This is the type of irrational fear crap UPS management tries to place on the drivers. I got a better one for you, driver passes by a pedestrian with a dog on one of those flexi leads, gives wide birth in case owner looses control of the dog as its pulling violently at the leash towards the truck as it approaches. A random dog (driver side) pissed at the other dog comes out of nowhere and blines straight for the leashed dog on the opposite side (passenger side) and takes the shortest path, under the truck. Driver feels the bump and owner collaborates his story.

The incident is "under investigation" to see if its the drivers fault, meanwhile driver is taken off the road for inside work. Of course this driver lacks the willpower to fight to stay on road.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Same could be said of the last 3 months of 2013 for management during ER conference calls, but that would be ludicrous.

No......This is Ludakris!!!!

ludacris2009-headshot-med.jpg

Dr.Brownz

Did you get a warning letter?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

They will make something up if they have to.

jrh

This is the type of irrational fear crap UPS management tries to place on the drivers. I got a better one for you, driver passes by a pedestrian with a dog on one of those flexi leads, gives wide birth in case owner looses control of the dog as its pulling violently at the leash towards the truck as it approaches. A random dog (driver side) pissed at the other dog comes out of nowhere and blines straight for the leashed dog on the opposite side (passenger side) and takes the shortest path, under the truck. Driver feels the bump and owner collaborates his story.

The incident is "under investigation" to see if its the drivers fault, meanwhile driver is taken off the road for inside work. Of course this driver lacks the willpower to fight to stay on road.

I think in most states it is the dog owner's responsibility to maintain control of their dog. Especially since a dog collision wouldn't cause a great deal of damage to the vehicle, I don't see management getting too upset.

jaker

trolling
If you are rear ended here is some things they can blame on you depending on your story

You didn't stop smooth
You didn't leave enough room for the person to go around
You didn't put on flasher
You didn't scan your mirrors before stopping
And you didnt expect the unexpected

brostalss

I've been in your shoes. Just exited the freeway. Stopped at end of off ramp. STOPPED! Foot on brake. Looking LRL, rear camera, then I see in my monitor a mini van, then BAM! Right into my rear bumper.

Not charged. Only thing that happened was no safe driving certificate that year.

At 13 years safe and still going.

upschuck

I ask my on car when I was first training why they wanted me to look in the mirrors to see what people was going on behind me, and he said something like if I saw a car barreling down on me, that I was suppose to tap on my brakes several times to hopefully "wake" the driver up and slow down.

jaker

trolling
We laugh sometimes about if something fell from the sky we will still be a fault because of expect the unexpected

Or you didn't clear all the sides of the truck