OSHA Heat Rule-making Progress Being Made

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
No shorts until 1994
1715253534687.png

rod

Retired 22 years
The other day I got behind a UPS truck that had some kind of wind turbine mounted on top. I'm assuming it was to get rid of heat in the back of the truck. Damn ---you guys really are pusillanimous now days.

rod

Retired 22 years
The other day I got behind a UPS truck that had some kind of wind turbine mounted on top. I'm assuming it was to get rid of heat in the back of the truck. Damn ---you guys really are pusillanimous now days.
That thing wouldn't have made it a day on my old route. Too many low hanging branches.

That thing wouldn't have made it a day on my old route. Too many low hanging branches.
Those things dont do anything. Cant even tell the difference.
I have no idea what those things are supposed to do, but they definitely don’t take any of the heat out of the back of the truck.

At 110° they measured a package car's compartment temp at 141°. They were checking the effectiveness of the whirly birds, the one with the spinner was also 141°.

🤷🏻‍♂️

Michael Scott

At 110° they measured a package car's compartment temp at 141°. They were checking the effectiveness of the whirly birds, the one with the spinner was also 141°.

🤷🏻‍♂️
Lol i didnt think they made a difference. I guess i dont even know for sure if thats what theyre for, but thats what another driver told me they were supposed to do was cool the cargo area.

Lol i didnt think they made a difference. I guess i dont even know for sure if thats what theyre for, but thats what another driver told me they were supposed to do was cool the cargo area.
The idea is that while driving its spinning and cycling the hot stagnant air out. The reality is that they're too small and the heat is still just radiating off of the aluminum.