Question about using Option Days

Moneythehardway

If you are a part timer, can you use an option day for your part time inside hours if you still go out driver helping that day? Or must you take off the entire day to be able to use an option day?

I asked because for the last 2 weeks I requested 1 day off each week and to use my option days but I never get paid for them when I check my paychecks. But I do driver helper the same day but choose to use an option day for my inside twilight schedule. So should I have been payed my option days or as I said earlier must I have to take off the entire day in order for the option day to be exercised?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
If you are a part timer, can you use an option day for your part time inside hours if you still go out driver helping that day? Or must you take off the entire day to be able to use an option day?

I asked because for the last 2 weeks I requested 1 day off each week and to use my option days but I never get paid for them when I check my paychecks. But I do driver helper the same day but choose to use an option day for my inside twilight schedule. So should I have been payed my option days or as I said earlier must I have to take off the entire day in order for the option day to be exercised?
Did you talk to your center manager about it?

Indecisi0n

Option days as in breaking up your option vacation week? By the contract you have to give two weeks notice to use a day.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
My guess is yes, but it depends entirely on your center manager. I've taken optionals before they had accrued in my bank as unpaid days off. Later when they had accrued they paid them out on weeks I worked all 5 days. It's a matter of if they want to do it for you and if you have the days in your bank yet.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My guess is yes, but it depends entirely on your center manager. I've taken optionals before they had accrued in my bank as unpaid days off. Later when they had accrued they paid them out on weeks I worked all 5 days. It's a matter of if they want to do it for you and if you have the days in your bank yet.

He wants to use one and work on the same day. Not happening.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Option days as in breaking up your option vacation week? By the contract you have to give two weeks notice to use a day.
In the Central, we get 2 option days on top of our vacations. Requests must be made 8 days in advance. It is not uncommon to call in a day and have the center manager agree to pay you the option day.

Single vacation days are vacation weeks selected to be broken up into individual days. We can break up 2 weeks if wanted into 10 single vacation days. Again, 8 days in advance.

You cannot be paid an option day or single vacation day and work at the same time. But all unused option days are paid out first week in May. All unused single vacation days are paid out the first week of December.

By The Book

Appears like the op is double dipping now,however is not getting paid now, but later when they are on the books. So they are covering his shift with whoever and letting him be a driver helper so he can get more hours. Sounds like a win win?

UPSGUY72

It has nothing to due with the center manager it's a pay roll issue.

UPSGUY72

I just wait and get paid for Option days in May.

I don't have any sick or optional days left to be paid out at the end of the vacation year. Matter of fact I gladly take a dead day here and there and still will make over $72,000 this year. Those people that don't use all there sick and optional days need there head examined.

MC4YOU2

It has nothing to due with the center manager it's a pay roll issue.

Who decides how to code your day to payroll? Payroll has to rely on info provided to them, they can't tell the center manager they won't pay off your optional days when be requests them.
That being said, no, they won't PAY one out on a day you worked.
That doesn't mean you couldn't work in a different function for one day, and collect a 6 day paycheck with one being a optional paid out.

UPSGUY72

Who decides how to code your day to payroll? Payroll has to rely on info provided to them, they can't tell the center manager they won't pay off your optional days when be requests them.
That being said, no, they won't PAY one out on a day you worked.
That doesn't mean you couldn't work in a different function for one day, and collect a 6 day paycheck with one being a optional paid out.

It's a pay roll issue because you either have pay codes as working or not working for the day. Anything else would have to have a pay adjustment and the center manager doesn't due that your SUP or OMS clerk does.

MC4YOU2

It's a pay roll issue because you either have pay codes as working or not working for the day. Anything else would have to have a pay adjustment and the center manager doesn't due that your SUP or OMS clerk does.

Your Sup our OMS ask the center manager if they can fart without permission. The answer is no.

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

Option days in our center means you work if you want to so in my center you can work and get paid your option day on the same day.......you can't work and get paid a sick day