screwed over again and again

worked part time package handler nov 2013 until the first week in january. they laid me off at the end of the night. was so mad. supervisor said he tried hard to keep me but couldn't. Told me to re apply in 2 weeks after everything returned to normal around the warehouse. took my id and walked me out of there like i was some sort of criminal.

I apply in august and when I get into office for fingerprint he goes into computer system and says "oh, looks like danny marked you down as do not hire". I said that's is strange danny is a nice guy and tried to keep me from getting laid off. He agreed and said he'll be seeing danny in two days and he will ask him to remove the do not hire. I call richard days later every day for week and he consistently blows me off saying he is busy.

october rolls around and i desperately need money I go to apply for part time package handler position and get this:

Previous Employee

Thank you for your interest in opportunities with UPS, however our records indicate that as a former employee of UPS you are not currently eligible for rehire.

my question: how does a part time supervisor in the "debag" section have enough power to practically ruin my life. I remember that con artist managed to talk me into working all day xmas eve..to this day I couldn't even tell you if I got paid for that day. feel so cheated. now i desperately need money and am screwed. I don't know what he said to the HR nazi but the first meeting I had with him he seemed to be genuinely trying to help me then once he talked to my sup and completely turned on me

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Sorry bro, you've been had it appears.

There's a couple ways you could go about moving on. One would be filing for permanent disability. If UPS really is the only place where you can work with your medical condition, you should be set.

Happy trails.

EastBrown N Down

So you're saying you can work at ups, which is honestly not the easiest gig out there... but you can't work at mcdonalds, or let's say another package delivery service? Or a retail store stocking shelves or bagging groceries? Stop blaming other people for "ruining your life" and go drop some applications. I think you just thought it would be easy to go back to your old job instead of learning a new one..

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
To the OP, disabled or not...I just can't see sitting around for the better part of a year waiting to hear from ups...there are plenty of other jobs out there. Go find one.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
images.jpeg

Surely there's something out there for you...

barnyard

KTM rider
It seems like the OP is not that smart. Told repeatedly he/she is on the do not rehire list, knows that he/she has a condition that makes it hard to be employable and does not seem able to connect those dots.