Security Shoots Armed Man Outside NJ UPS

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Last edited:

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
The articles are pretty vague still. I have a bunch of questions:

Was he on the clock?
Was he in his personal vehicle or a security company vehicle/UPS company car?
Did the male party on foot approach him with the gun pointed at him, at his side or holstered?
Did the injured party get any shots off?
What made the guard open fire rather than removing himself from the area like security guards are trained to do? (Likely his years as a LEO). The articles state he opened fire and struck the man who was on foot several times.
As a former police officer I can tell you (I'm sure @scooby0048 would agree) that we are trained to "double tap" and shoot for center mass, but we're not supposed to advertise the double tap to outsiders--rather to just say we used the necessary force to "stop."

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
That building is in one of the worst neighborhoods in all of America. I wouldn't take a transfer there if they gave me $100 an hour.

If you're plan on going to Newark, NJ, come heavy or don't come at all.

Kis124

My hub has private security who are all retired cops. They carry guns and roam the building. That, and the security guards at the shack

oldstagg

Amen, but since when do we have armed guards? It said he used to be a cop so I'm guessing it was his personal weapon that he wasn't supposed to be carrying while at UPS.

we use off duty police officers and or retired police officers in high crime areas. We expect them to be armed.

thessalonian13

Too bad he didn't finish both of them off.
I used to work at the Gould ave hub. It's a whole different world there. I had 2 guns pulled on me while I was working there, including 1 pointed to my face. Irvington and East Orange are very rough neighborhoods. I have a few wacky stories from my days there. I am so glad I don't work in that area anymore.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
That building is in one of the worst neighborhoods in all of America. I wouldn't take a transfer there if they gave me $100 an hour.

If you're plan on going to Newark, NJ, come heavy or don't come at all.
That is not possible.

New Jersey has some of the strictest gun-control laws in the country. You must be wrong; it obviously would have to be one of the safest places in the country to work and live.

browner89

That is not possible.

New Jersey has some of the strictest gun-control laws in the country. You must be wrong; it obviously would have to be one of the safest places in the country to work and live.

I love this logic the law makers try to push down our throats when it seems to always be backwards.

Crappy neighborhoods are crappy because of crappy people, if they want to commit violent crimes they're going to commit them, and most crimes, correct me if I'm wrong, are illegal, so why would a law stop a criminal from doing something illegal when they're already ...doing illegal things. My head...

MassWineGuy

I think the guard did a good thing. What else could two guys with guns be doing there at 4 am?

From what I understand, many package cars in New York routinely have armed guards riding along.