Someone Clarify Thanksgiving Holiday Changes??

RealPerson

in our building, nothing will probably change as they will ask for Volunteers, but if they do not get enough people to volunteer, can they force you to work????

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

From what I have been told we will get our 8 hours for the holiday and will be paid straight time for the first 8 and time and a half thereafter for hours worked. The pay rate may vary based on where you work.

Those of you who think it will be a light day are in for a rude awakening.

Ouch

[qute="UpstateNYUPSer, post: 1386678, member: 12570"]From what I have been told we will get our 8 hours for the holiday and will be paid straight time for the first 8 and time and a half thereafter for hours worked. The pay rate may vary based on where you work.

Those of you who think it will be a light day are in for a rude awakening.[/quote]
It is a normal workday. Do not pass go. Do not collect $100.

By The Book

From what I have been told we will get our 8 hours for the holiday and will be paid straight time for the first 8 and time and a half thereafter for hours worked. The pay rate may vary based on where you work.

Those of you who think it will be a light day are in for a rude awakening.
I find this info a little cloudy and I will explain. In the past if you worked the day after thanksgiving you received 8 hours for the holiday plus time and one half for all hours worked. How could they pay you less than current holiday pay language?

Inthegame

I find this info a little cloudy and I will explain. In the past if you worked the day after thanksgiving you received 8 hours for the holiday plus time and one half for all hours worked. How could they pay you less than current holiday pay language?
Check your supplement. In the Central, if delivering air on a holiday, it's straight time, but ground deliveries move the rate to doubletime.

Johney

Did not know that. Seems like you're the only one saying that. Is that what it says in your supplement about a 6th punch etc. I'm just trying to see of somehow you're not being paid correctly.
How would the Friday after Thanksgiving be considered a sixth punch?

upschuck

Check your supplement. In the Central, if delivering air on a holiday, it's straight time, but ground deliveries move the rate to doubletime.
I disagree, back when they offered that day at straight time(or 1.5 time, can't remember which) for air only, they had to force people to work, but a few contracts ago when it went to double time, they didn't have to force anyone to deliver anymore.

Rainman

Its all good.
Where I am it's holiday pay, plus time +1/2 if you're drafted to work, straight time if you volunteer.

Kmart sux. So does Walmart. And Orion.

By The Book

How would the Friday after Thanksgiving be considered a sixth punch?
Your right! I was just trying to understand how if Friday is a paid holiday in upstate's case, that would already be 5 days paid and you are working on hours over forty before you punch in on Friday.