The next three weeks....

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
....are historically the hottest three weeks of the year in our area, according to the National Weather Service.

They also happen to be the same three weeks that I am on vacation.

Coincidence? I think not.

Bwahahahahaha!!!!

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
You know what's neat about the Friday workday before the start of a 3 week vacation?

You can leave the bulkhead door open for half the day, have as many back-first exceptions and recording-while-idling as you want, and pretty much make a complete and total ass of yourself on Telematics, secure in the knowledge that when it all shows up on the report Monday morning, you wont be around for them to bitch at.

Bwwahahahahahahnaha!!!!!!

BrownArmy

Enjoy...I'm on vacation next week as well...

But only for one week.

I covered a guy's route this week - he's on vacation - I left the truck gassed up, and I even cleaned out all the trash - I'm cover, the route driver is like Pigpen.

He's got one of the new trucks - only 4000 miles to date, yet he leaves trash everywhere.

I didn't leave him any ridiculous send-agains, I re-attempted all the weird stops I couldn't initially deliver, and got most of them off...

But two weeks off...I did that once, and almost didn't come back. Now I stagger my one week vacations...

When I have twenty years in, I'm sure it'll be different...

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.

But only for one week.

I covered a guy's route this week - he's on vacation - I left the truck gassed up, and I even cleaned out all the trash - I'm cover, the route driver is like Pigpen.

He's got one of the new trucks - only 4000 miles to date, yet he leaves trash everywhere.

I didn't leave him any ridiculous send-agains, I re-attempted all the weird stops I couldn't initially deliver, and got most of them off...

But two weeks off...I did that once, and almost didn't come back. Now I stagger my one week vacations...

I've got 20 years in....... It's not different

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
It was hotter than hell in feeders too. I was sweating MY ASS OFF hooking up my doubles the last few nights. Then I got rolling. After about an hour, my A/C was overwhelming me. I couldn't wait to pull over to do my safety check just to get outside to warm back up.

Then, last night I was pouring down rain. POURING! It was the worst 3 minutes of my day.

True story. As Cachsux says, go feeder or go home.

O

OLDMAN3

But only for one week.

The cover drivers all sign up for my route. I always make sure the 1 seniority cover driver is aware my route is open. That way I don't get some runner messing with my customers or telling management how they can "improve" my route. I clean out his garbage when I get back, and always make sure the car is spotless, fueled and stocked with supplies when I leave for vacation. I also make sure he is aware of all new dogs, changes on the route etc. before his stint. It is rare to find a cover driver like you who doesn't consider the truck his personal garbage can, but at least my cover guy doesn't burn up my route so I can't complain.

O

OLDMAN3

Enjoy sober! 3 weeks in a row is awesome.

I am sure you will appreciate that I leave the dog treats on the truck for the cover driver (but he is a bit too generous with them).

O

OLDMAN3

I have 25 years in. I've never taken more than one week at a time. I'm afraid I would never go back.

I took 5 weeks in a row one winter. As a bachelor I tented in La Jolla Ca. Played tennis and went to the beach everyday. Came back to below zero weather and a route I hated at the time. Yep, really hard to come back.

barnyard

KTM rider
I have done 3 weeks in a row last year and 2 weeks this year. I will probably do 2 in a row if I can get it in the summer, for as long as I can.

Have a glorious vacation Sober.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The most I have ever done is 2 weeks in a row and that is only when I have a home improvement project I need to do. Other than that anything more than 1 week and I start getting stir-crazy.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I took 2 weeks in a row one year...it was hard to go back....I was hurtin that first week back....lol. I'd rather spread my weeks out during the year.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I have been off for a month and I am seriously thinking about not going back. I called my center manager yesterday and told him I needed two more weeks, he was wanting me to come in and start TAW again next Monday morning. He can do his own audits and observations. I usually spread my six weeks out and take three of them during Summer.