The Top 10 Jobs That Robots Could Steal From Humans By 2025

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
The Top 10 Jobs That Robots Could Steal From Humans By 2025- Investors Business Daily

Baird analyst Benjamin Hartford says all leading trucking companies are experimenting with autonomous truck technology.

"UPS would be the most logical. I know they have looked at the possibility," Hartford told IBD.

UPS already employs driver-assistance systems on many trucks, but says full autonomy is further off, with regulation being a key issue.

Truck drivers are in short supply now, and self-driving trucks would fill that gap. But if large numbers of self-driving trucks roll out -- with no human in the cab -- Teamsters and other unions would likely resist.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
The Top 10 Jobs That Robots Could Steal From Humans By 2025- Investors Business Daily

Baird analyst Benjamin Hartford says all leading trucking companies are experimenting with autonomous truck technology.

"UPS would be the most logical. I know they have looked at the possibility," Hartford told IBD.

UPS already employs driver-assistance systems on many trucks, but says full autonomy is further off, with regulation being a key issue.

Truck drivers are in short supply now, and self-driving trucks would fill that gap. But if large numbers of self-driving trucks roll out -- with no human in the cab -- Teamsters and other unions would likely resist.

I love when "analysts " who've never stepped foot into a ups facility, make it sound so easy

bbsam

Staff member
I don't see self driving trucks as being as big an issue as I see 3D printing if it becomes cheaper and more widespread.

Box Ox

"UPS already employs driver-assistance systems on many trucks"

Anybody know what this "system" is, specifically? Is it for feeders or is it the screwed up ODO stop order in my board that's being counted?