Thinking about quitting (ASAP)

PDevolt

So i have been working at UPS for about three months in the Preload (Ive been unloading almost the entire time except for 3 days where i loaded the trucks) and im thinking about quitting. I feel like i am destroying my shoulder and my back has been giving me an insane amount of pain. and im only 21 so i really dont feel like crippling myself to young.

Would i call my supervisor to tell him im quitting or someone else?

also would it be bad to not give my two weeks notice?

I really enjoyed my job, it just caused me alot of pain, so i would like to leave on a good note.

Cementups

Box Monkey
200_s.gif

Bren_dan

The job definitely isn't for everybody. Can't blame you for wanting to save your back.

I'd say talk to your Sup, just be honest with him/her that you're considering quitting because of the physical stress. Maybe they'll find a different position for you that saves your back, but I wouldn't count on it.

The people who have put in two weeks notices at my hub were told to clock out and go home. And that was the end of it. "Alright then, sayonara."

Good luck.

BrownBrokeDown

The people who have put in two weeks notices at my hub were told to clock out and go home. And that was the end of it. "Alright then, sayonara."quote]

If they have attained seniority, they should call for a union steward because they are being fired without the discipline process being followed. Then make managements life as miserable as they can for the next 2 weeks, lol

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
So i have been working at UPS for about three months in the Preload (Ive been unloading almost the entire time except for 3 days where i loaded the trucks) and im thinking about quitting. I feel like i am destroying my shoulder and my back has been giving me an insane amount of pain. and im only 21 so i really dont feel like crippling myself to young.

Would i call my supervisor to tell him im quitting or someone else?

also would it be bad to not give my two weeks notice?

I really enjoyed my job, it just caused me alot of pain, so i would like to leave on a good note.
Good luck finding a 90 to 100k a year job ese. SIANARA SUCKA lol

Kaden

Unless you have some other job lined up with just as equal opportunities I'd trying moving to small sorts or something like that before you quit. It's hard work but it's worth it. It's a great company I'd you're a hard worker, you have a good chance of being promoted fast

ChrisTheBrown

Job definitely isn't for everybody..But if you want it bad enough, turns into a great career down the road. Wish I started at 21..Started a month before I turned 25, am now 26..I refuse to quit, because the idea of making close to 100k a year one day, is enough to keep me going each day. Patience & perseverance...That is all.

Sent using BrownCafe App