Three UPS trucks damaged in fire

Travwise

I don't know exact details, but I can tell you it's the second fire in that building in about ten years give or take....very suspicious.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Probably the stupid Mgr who needed a reason to up the stops on the rest of the drivers who still had a driveable truck.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Probably the stupid Mgr who needed a reason to up the stops on the rest of the drivers who still had a driveable truck.
Well upstate..it had to be someone with keys to get into the building and the only ones with them are mgt. ..right?? Those cars unfire aren't outside..

rod

Retired 22 years
The last time it happened I believe it was blamed on faulty /old wiring in an old P800. This time from what I can tell they were all newer trucks.

barnyard

KTM rider
The last time it happened I believe it was blamed on faulty /old wiring in an old P800. This time from what I can tell they were all newer trucks.

We were told it was the 2nd fire in 3 years and that the 1st was caused by a radio that was not wired correctly. Evidently, that was the 1st thing they were looking at with this fire also.

rod

Retired 22 years
We were told it was the 2nd fire in 3 years and that the 1st was caused by a radio that was not wired correctly. Evidently, that was the 1st thing they were looking at with this fire also.

I'm not sure on exactly when the last one was (I thought it was longer than 3 years) but I do know the "radio" thing is bull :poop:. If it was a radio someone would have been fired. You don't destroy 2 or 3 UPS trucks because your radio is hooked up wrong and still keep your job. NO ONE WAS FIRED the last time. Tell who ever said that they are full of :poop:. Same old management crap.

rod

Retired 22 years

That is typical "don't know what the friend they are doing BS". Anytime there is ANY electrical problem that causes damage the first thing they do is assume its the drivers fault. I know when I had a P800 go up in smoke they sent up a "crack" team from Minneapolis up to try to hang me instead of actually looking for the real cause. I was the one who had to lead them by the hand like a little kid and point out where a hot wire had been rubbing and caused a direct short which in turn caused every wire in the POS truck to melt. I never got a "we are sorry to accuse you or thanks for pointing that out or nothing". Their only response was "Oh--you can leave now". friend-em!

watdaflock?

I'm not sure on exactly when the last one was (I thought it was longer than 3 years) but I do know the "radio" thing is bull :poop:. If it was a radio someone would have been fired. You don't destroy 2 or 3 UPS trucks because your radio is hooked up wrong and still keep your job. NO ONE WAS FIRED the last time. Tell who ever said that they are full of :poop:. Same old management crap.
How do you know it is coming from management?

rod

Retired 22 years

Was this management talking or hourly?

oldngray

nowhere special
My building had a couple of package cars catch fire from the wiring when they were parked in the building. Many of those old trucks had a rats nest for wiring.