Today like a peak day...

FiXiE.GuRL

Anyone else have an insane peak like day today?

It was nuts, 120,000 in 3 hours...lmfao okay sure Mr. Supervisor I'll load them quicker, meanwhile I kept the same pace...

Haha Should of had an earlier start time...

Drivers left 30 min after their start time!!

And now they decide to set an earlier start time for tomorrow, that's fine with me..

HBGPreloader

Thanks to some politicians' overreaction to an inaccurate weather forecast, our usual 2 - 4 trailers from New Jersey didn't make it yesterday or this morning. So, overall, we were relatively light.
Other than the long hours, I almost wish it was peak again because I would, at least, get some of my bulk stops cut - like sure post , wally world and a few others.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Thanks to some politicians' overreaction to an inaccurate weather forecast, our usual 2 - 4 trailers from New Jersey didn't make it yesterday or this morning. So, overall, we were relatively light.
Other than the long hours, I almost wish it was peak again because I would, at least, get some of my bulk stops cut - like sure post , wally world and a few others.

Wally World is a fine stop to to have for sure!

KaiserTom

Got hammered in seattle, they advanced a bunch of :censored2: in prep for the :censored2: storm tomorrow. 50k for a start time meant for 45k if not less. Drivers left 30 min late as well for us. Start time is extra late as well tomorrow so fun times will be had.

KaiserTom

Not when it's all crammed on the 5000 shelf with 5 other mall stops :(

Why they unbalance the car so much like that is beyond me, "oh yeah, we will have 50 packages on one side of the truck and 200 on the other, 100 going to one shelf, with one 10 piece bulk stop".

Just :censored2: you. At that point I just throw one of the shelfs to the other side and scribble an arrow on the report and shove it on the driver seat/tell the driver so I have some room to do :censored2:.

Until they add/cut you of course.

HBGPreloader

I wish it was that easy.
This car gets bricked out nearly every day and the driver must unload from both the back and front to meet some of his commit times for stores like walmart.
And since the area is still somewhat new to me, I have to be careful with moving things around because that could really screw up his day and make the customer angry.
And, don't even get me going on add/cuts - GRRR!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I'd like to hear the story....

I backed up to the receiving door and rang the bell before opening the rear door to start scanning their packages. Another employee who did not work in that department opened the door for me. I went in, grabbed a pallet and started putting their packages on to the pallet. When I was done I went to find one of the receiving employees, who happened to be in the break room. She became upset that I was wandering around the receiving area, which was certainly not the case as all I was doing was trying to get a signature. The store manager requested that we have another driver deliver their packages. Our center manager and on-car fully supported what I had done.