United Parcel "no more Service"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camsdad

When United Parcel Service dropped the name to UPS, they also dropped service.

My father worked for UPS for 35 years. There was a time when everybody prided them selves on providing service to the customer. My father retired in 2000. It seems since 2003 it's not the same company. I remember Christmas Eve's dropping off packages with my dad out of his car so customers had their gifts.

I work for a company that has facilities around the world. We have used UPS exclusively. We're not an Amazon or Walmart but we are a pretty large Manufacturing company. Just this week I had an order ship from Kansas City to Miami via UPS Ground. It showed as delivered but it never showed up. I had our company call UPS to to find out UPS delivered it to the wrong address. Ok no problem, have UPS pick it up and deliver to the correct address. We get told that they cannot and it was delivered as addressed which wasn't the case.

Monday, I had our company reship the order. We get called by UPS saying that the product was damaged in transit and they had to destroy it. So this doesn't make us look good with our customer. I authorized another shipment to go out today to replace the previous two service failures.

Last month I had a large shipment go from Kansas City to Miami via UPS Freight. It had a service commitment for a Friday for a construction project at Miami Airport. Friday morning we track it and it's sitting in Orlando Fl. We call UPs and they said it would be delivered that day. 3 pm in the afternoon it's still sitting in Orlando. It is a very specialized product and needed to be there Friday. Finally UPS Freight tells us it's not going to be there until Monday unless we are willing to pay another $1500 to have a truck dispatched to Miami. We told them to dispatch the truck and they said it would be in Miami by 9pm. The shipment never arrived. Finally Tuesday, we get a call from the UPS gateway at MIA saying they had our package sitting there to be picked up. The truck that was dispatched delivered it to UPS MIA gateway instead of the detailed address and instructions they were given.

I have an order needing airfreight from China. The shipping alone is going to be over $100,000. The three examples are just a few of many we have encountered. I requested competitor to transport that shipment. We have dropped UPS Freight as our freight carrier and will be looking at FDX for packages.

I know most of you on here are drivers and loaders.Most of You do you best. The upper management has lost focus of the core business. It's a shame. There was a day when the package cars were washed daily. Driver appearance and image was important. Now UPS is no different than FDX ground with dirty beat up equipment. I am a long time shareholder (long before the IPO) and a customer. I sure hope somebody in Atlanta stops looking at reports and cost cutting. Focus on taking care of customers. Deliver packages as we pay for and for god sakes restore the image the company use to have....

Camsdad

I appreciate the reply but we don't have problems with our shipping department. The problems are you guys are cutting corners so much now that more packages are getting mis delivered, damaged or lost. You call UPS customer service and they make dealing with the government look easy. It's not the same company that it use to be.

T

Turdferguson

I appreciate the reply but we don't have problems with our shipping department. The problems are you guys are cutting corners so much now that more packages are getting mis delivered, damaged or lost. You call UPS customer service and they make dealing with the government look easy. It's not the same company that it use to be.

Nothing is. When is the last time you saw a full service gas station? From what I last read still highest percentage of on time correct delivery in the business.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
When United Parcel Service dropped the name to UPS, they also dropped service.

My father worked for UPS for 35 years. There was a time when everybody prided them selves on providing service to the customer. My father retired in 2000. It seems since 2003 it's not the same company. I remember Christmas Eve's dropping off packages with my dad out of his car so customers had their gifts.

I work for a company that has facilities around the world. We have used UPS exclusively. We're not an Amazon or Walmart but we are a pretty large Manufacturing company. Just this week I had an order ship from Kansas City to Miami via UPS Ground. It showed as delivered but it never showed up. I had our company call UPS to to find out UPS delivered it to the wrong address. Ok no problem, have UPS pick it up and deliver to the correct address. We get told that they cannot and it was delivered as addressed which wasn't the case.

Monday, I had our company reship the order. We get called by UPS saying that the product was damaged in transit and they had to destroy it. So this doesn't make us look good with our customer. I authorized another shipment to go out today to replace the previous two service failures.

Last month I had a large shipment go from Kansas City to Miami via UPS Freight. It had a service commitment for a Friday for a construction project at Miami Airport. Friday morning we track it and it's sitting in Orlando Fl. We call UPs and they said it would be delivered that day. 3 pm in the afternoon it's still sitting in Orlando. It is a very specialized product and needed to be there Friday. Finally UPS Freight tells us it's not going to be there until Monday unless we are willing to pay another $1500 to have a truck dispatched to Miami. We told them to dispatch the truck and they said it would be in Miami by 9pm. The shipment never arrived. Finally Tuesday, we get a call from the UPS gateway at MIA saying they had our package sitting there to be picked up. The truck that was dispatched delivered it to UPS MIA gateway instead of the detailed address and instructions they were given.

I have an order needing airfreight from China. The shipping alone is going to be over $100,000. The three examples are just a few of many we have encountered. I requested competitor to transport that shipment. We have dropped UPS Freight as our freight carrier and will be looking at FDX for packages.

I know most of you on here are drivers and loaders.Most of You do you best. The upper management has lost focus of the core business. It's a shame. There was a day when the package cars were washed daily. Driver appearance and image was important. Now UPS is no different than FDX ground with dirty beat up equipment. I am a long time shareholder (long before the IPO) and a customer. I sure hope somebody in Atlanta stops looking at reports and cost cutting. Focus on taking care of customers. Deliver packages as we pay for and for god sakes restore the image the company use to have....
Here it is in a nutshell dude. They hate their employees including the supes because they think we all make too much money for their SLAVEDRIVING SHOW. All they care about is profit, keeping their share holders happy with their dividend and their bonuses. Freak the customers and freak the employees. Thats the way it is, and will continue to be that way, and things will only get worse as time goes on.

Camsdad

Our company follows the packaging methods that UPS trained us to do. We are hazmat certified. The package UPS destroyed today thankfully was a water based product.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Our company follows the packaging methods that UPS trained us to do. We are hazmat certified. The package UPS destroyed today thankfully was a water based product.
What dont you comprehend about UPS DONT CARE? Nothing is going to change with them. Their mentality of WE'RE BIGGER THAN LIFE attitude aint going to change. They run everything like garbage for a buck, thats the new way the company is run lol.

Camsdad

It's fine. I know it's nothing but jokes to most of you on here anyhow. Judging by the replies I have read in other posts here, it's probably a good idea to switch carriers.

Status
Not open for further replies.