Unsafe driving

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
If it were a rookie- id tell him, if he was one of my boys I liked- id tell him, if he was a complete idiot or peckerhead- wouldn't say a word cause hes probably going to self destruct.

Box Ox

You could mention it to him directly or to your safety committee/liaison driver(s) if your location has any. Mine are well respected and very good and expect to address issues anyway. He might not notice or think about it very much. Or know how dangerous it could be. He might even appreciate the heads up. Going straight to management might bring down the hammer on him immediately. Saying nothing could get him or someone else killed.

Future

Victory Ride
3-Kinds-of-Tshirt.jpg
If he wears the 3rd T-shirt....dont say anything....let him crash and burn!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I would pull the offending driver aside and express my concerns. If the unsafe behavior continued I would inform management and let them take it from there. My concern for the general public outweighs any allegiance to a union.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Any option other than "telling management." Teamster don't rat on Teamsters.
Cementups,

Don't you mean; Teamsters are the best in the business, we will not tolerate unsafe driver's in our brotherhood. Unsafe drivers need to change or get out. Fratenally yours!

Sincerely,
I

VonDutch

Bite your tongue, Missy
If you saw a fellow Driver driving unsafe would you approach him, tell mgmt or mind your own business?

I've found its not what you say but in the manner you say it. It works best to give the impression that you're looking out for the person, which essentially you are.
With a rookie , you ask if you can give them a few pointers and in giving them you bring up the topic of what you noticed and say something of how management would come after him if something happened.
With an veteran driver I might make a bit of a joke out of it. "Where were you going in such a hurry? Have a hot date? Hope she's worth it if you get in trouble"
If it's someone with a serious issue then I'd tell the safety committee gang and let them take it from there.

VonDutch

Bite your tongue, Missy
Any option other than "telling management." Teamster don't rat on Teamsters.

But do Teamsters let the rest of the Teamster drivers be at risk from the one reckless Teamster driver? In theory is the reckless Teamster driver truly a Teamster if he doesn't look out for, and drive in a manner, that doesn't put other Teamsters at risk?

Quite the paradox isn't it?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Cementups,

Don't you mean; Teamsters are the best in the business, we will not tolerate unsafe driver's in our brotherhood. Unsafe drivers need to change or get out. Fratenally yours!

Sincerely,
I
I'm sorry...but last time I checked, you're a supervisor...not a Teamster. You just worry about the belts being on, looking dashing in your yellow reflective vest, maintaining proper egress..and bending over to grab your ankles when the center manager walks by.....and leave the driving to the drivers.

Sincerely,
B