What a joke.

Hood83

It's pretty sad that these last few supplements continuously vote down the contract... Why should everyone have to wait on our raises and retro checks just because of these greedy people that feel the need to vote down a great contract.

Skooney

Maybe they aren't being greedy? Maybe they have issues that should be addressed that you clearly are just simply ignorant of? Not everyone is pushing a personal agenda to vote down supplements to keep you from getting your .70 cent raise. If you need your .70 that bad, get another job.

Oh, and you should look in the mirror, because they aren't the greedy ones.

Hood83

You must have voted no. If the entire country voted yes and there is only 3 supplements left and it has been 8 months already I would say that is being greedy. And I do work two jobs and don't even need the .70 cent raise but it is the principle... Why should EVERYONE have to wait almost a year because these people can't say yes to an obvious good contract.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
It's pretty sad that these last few supplements continuously vote down the contract... Why should everyone have to wait on our raises and retro checks just because of these greedy people that feel the need to vote down a great contract.

This statement is exactly what the company wanted to happen. You take a few numbskulls, you throw a few pennies at them and all of a sudden the world is golden.

Forget a 4 year progression for part timers that only INCREASES the turnover percentage of our part time ranks, Forget that the company will be able to work utility drivers over 9.5 hours if they dont have a 40 hour route that runs all week. Forget that our premium insurance has been lost and replaced with a "temporary" benefits package that the trustees of both the west and Teamcare will change shortly after the contract is ratified. Forget that the company got improved language in article 6 making it easier to discipline or terminate drivers with electronic devices. Forget that the company is reducing full time jobs and eliminating good paying jobs for employees.

You call it a great contract?

I bet you have less than 3 years with the company.

TOS.

oldngray

nowhere special
Wait until you get married. Then you will find out the meaning of...NO!
funny-graphs-when-she-says-no-she-means.png

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I will say this, if it weren't for some locals saying no to the first "great deal", we would have been screwed! Remember how super our leadership said that deal was?

Ron Carey lives on

Hood 83 the .70 cent raise you are concerned about, is not even a substantial raise to compare what you are going to pay in teamcare. 2 of the 3 supplements are airports. They have the leverage and courage to help us all in the long run. No votes have already changed our new insurance once. Keep it up 89, western Penn, and philly, you are fighting for all of us

Sent using BrownCafe App

TheFigurehead

Why should everyone have to wait on our raises and retro checks just because of these greedy people that feel the need to vote down a great contract.

Why should anyone vote yes to a terrible supplement just because greedy people want their retro checks and that whopping $12 extra dollars a week raise?

Ashell

keeping the same level of benefits is not greed on the employees part.

But for the people that already passed their contract, I don't see why they don't just give us our raise. We won't get anything additional out of it, no matter 89's outcome. I think its more to cause peer pressure like this by UPS.

I hope 89 gets it though. If people are that desperate for 70 cents, they will likely quit and it just makes more problems for UPS.

RealPerson

Why should my insurance go up when the company is making record profits, just so you can get a little back pay???

jaker

trolling
I swear people work at jobs for years and never get a raise and they don't complain as much as some of these guys

You know you are getting a retro check for the money so what's the big deal to just sit back and let it grow , it's more then most people would get

PHLtroublemaker

Hood I'll make sure you don't get your raise until I get offered a contract without concessions!! If you need that raise that bad you have issues!!
WE VOTE NO TO CONCESSIONS DURING RECORD PROFITS

Sent using BrownCafe App

Johney

Why should my insurance go up when the company is making record profits, just so you can get a little back pay???
I'm not really sure about our insurance but a few of the guys I work with who are following this pretty closely tell me that when this gets finalized our insurance actually gets better. We are/were Central States ever EOB comes Teamcare now. Guess I'll have to wait and see what the wife says down the road she handles all that crap.