1/30/23 announcement

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Bean counters finally realized how much that failure is costing?
I could have told them before they even implemented it. Pretty common sense math was all it took. More flights, vehicles, personnel, and lates because of lack of all the above equals lots more money. Ain’t complicated.

MAKAVELI

I could have told them before they even implemented it. Pretty common sense math was all it took. More flights, vehicles, personnel, and lates because of lack of all the above equals lots more money. Ain’t complicated.
Leave it to FedEx to make it more complicated without common sense. That's what they do best.

Last edited:

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Example 1,325,675 of an engineer’s plan failing in real world circumstances. Nobody could have predicted that.
3162983B-68A2-41A2-B5E7-9C831872B233.jpeg

Lol.

Buhryein

Forget response, a station in my area is running estar m-sat. I talked with the dispatcher and was told it had eliminated every pickup route.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Whatever it is, it must be bad news. That’s why they’re waiting until after Peak to make the announcement. If they did it before Peak people would probably bail faster than they are now.

Guitarman01

Where did this leak come from, someone overhearing a conversation?
Ive heard about the end of response on a few occasions, but it hasnt happened yet.
They are not going to be able to wait until feb if its already on the internet at this point. My station has already heard this rumor as well. Took less than a day.
Do they assume midday drivers will just stick around for the worst part of the year until the end of january?
They are going to have to address this pretty quick.

Last edited:

SmithBarney

We were told Jan 1, no more response. No news on what the response drivers will be doing, laid off or whatever.

With the turn over we have, there will be none left anyway by then.

Speculation is that because estar creates so many routes that most of them will come in just a little later than regular start time and they will be shoehorned into the sort where needed. FedEx is going to drive and "market" their express deliveries as "get it by 2-3pm" then we'll have pickup routes running later in the day.

We started estar m-sat last week, on mondays my route has balooned from 50 to 100 stops(went from a 9hr day to 12, and 110miles to 150+), haven't had a day yet without late P1 because the system is wrong on so much. It also flexes me downtown, to buildings that the "regular" driver has keys, codes, and access cards for, not to mention constantly going to new areas with no idea about business "delivery practices" ie where it goes, what doors/docks to use...

Good times, customers are really glad we are putting them first!

zeev

Another game changing announcement from FedEx sometime in the future that will change everything.