2024 Paris Olympics

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

Looks like the Paris Olympics are already off to a rocky start. I really have a bad feeling about these games. I think something big is going to happen and it won’t be good. Parisian’s are complaining about all the security. Any thoughts?

Thebrownblob

Looks like the Paris Olympics are already off to a rocky start. I really have a bad feeling about these games. I think something big is going to happen and it won’t be good. Parisian’s are complaining about all the security. Any thoughts?
I remember in the 80s when I cared about the Olympics. I wouldn’t go to Paris France. It looks like it’s a powder keg, getting ready to blow in my opinion.

Box Ox

What can be, unburdened by what has been.
Sounds like it's a magical time to be an olympic swimmer.

Parisians threaten to poop in Seine River to protest sewage contamination ahead of Paris 2024 Summer Olympics - CBS News

June 22, 2024

"The 2024 Paris Summer Olympics are just a month away, but there is still a nasty controversy brewing over one of the spots serving as a focal point for the event — the Seine River. After months of tests showing high levels of bacteria from sewage and wastewater, residents fed up with the river pollution just weeks before Olympic athletes are set to dive in are threatening to stage a mass defecation in protest."

Will the Seine be clean enough to swim in by the Olympics? Not even the experts know : NPR

July 16, 2024

"With the Paris Olympics less than two weeks away, a question hangs over the Games: Will the Seine River be clean enough for athletes to swim in?

Triathlon and marathon swimming are scheduled to take place in the Seine, where it has been illegal to swim for more than a century. Despite the city's efforts to clean up the long-polluted river, the water has tested unsafe for humans in recent weeks, and cleaner on other days. The Games run from July 26-Aug. 11."

vantexan

How sad, probably waited too long and I’ll never get to see that place.
A couple from Denver who live abroad and travel all over doing YouTube videos were just in several locations in France including Paris. They found it a lot cleaner than they expected and said from everything they experienced don't believe what you see reported on tv. No doubt they didn't go into some dangerous neighborhoods but they found the city as a whole very pleasant. Paris is still one of the world's top tourist cities and somehow that doesn't jibe with what we get told on tv. I don't care for really huge cities but like NYC it's one of those places everyone should see once.