9 On Your Side's Breanna Molloy finds out how delivery drivers cope with the cold

rod

Retired 22 years
9 On Your Side's Breanna Molloy finds out how delivery drivers cope with the cold- WCPO

You see them everywhere – United Parcel Service drivers delivering packages to your house, your neighborhood, your workplace. And you wonder ... When it gets this COLDDDDD - like 12 days in a row when the temperature stays below freezing - how do they cope? 9 On Your Side’s Breanna Molloy rode along with UPS driver Brent Doherty to find out.

The guys around here would be working without a coat if the temp was +15 like on this video. The highest temp I've seen in 2 weeks is +8.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
We work in temperatures at -30 degrees. Those days I would give anything for something 50 degrees warmer.

rod

Retired 22 years
Friday Feb. 2, 1996---58 below zero (actual temperature-not wind chill)-- we worked. That week the high for the whole week was something like -17. It got down to -60 just north of us. Minnesota record.

Dhydratd

Y'all make sure to keep your peepees warm during your pissing contest. No one forced you guys to live up north. I'll do my best to keep warm during the 2 or 3 days each year when the high is below 30. :rolleyes:

Star B

White Lightening
Y'all make sure to keep your peepees warm during your pissing contest. No one forced you guys to live up north. I'll do my best to keep warm during the 2 or 3 days each year when the high is below 30. :rolleyes:
its okay. the next time it's a 'snowpocolypse' because you get a dusting, we will be laughing our asses off like we do every time.

the cooler

9 On Your Side's Breanna Molloy finds out how delivery drivers cope with the cold- WCPO

You see them everywhere – United Parcel Service drivers delivering packages to your house, your neighborhood, your workplace. And you wonder ... When it gets this COLDDDDD - like 12 days in a row when the temperature stays below freezing - how do they cope? 9 On Your Side’s Breanna Molloy rode along with UPS driver Brent Doherty to find out.
How does he keep his hoodie up. Obviously not working with a sense of urgency!