Can't fill helper slots

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
This is the first year they've had trouble finding me a helper. Two days ago they sent me out with a peak load and had to send 4 different drivers to take 100 stops off me. Yesterday they still couldn't find me a helper so they paid another driver to come be my helper for the day.

The job market must be improving out there.

T

thisjobaintforeverybody

This is the first year they've had trouble finding me a helper. Two days ago they sent me out with a peak load and had to send 4 different drivers to take 100 stops off me. Yesterday they still couldn't find me a helper so they paid another driver to come be my helper for the day.

Management knew this!! Therefore, welcome PVD's

T

thisjobaintforeverybody

If it's that bad why are there drivers on the bench who can be helpers instead of more routes in?

What, no drivers on the bench where I'm at! No drivers period that should hypothetical be on the bench!

T

thisjobaintforeverybody

Seasonal period only. If any PVD works outside of that period then grieve grieve grieve!

Yeah.. I know!! That was the connection, difficulty getting helpers and PVD's and so much more ie... not :censored2:ing up 4th quarter earnings three years in a row!

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
We’ve had new people coming and going through the hr/guard shack turnstiles like it’s the New York City Subway system. As soon as they get hired they seem to quit. Heard from the building manager that new loaders are averaging 3 days before they quit. Helpers aren’t fairing much better. News flash UPS.....this job and it’s expected amount of labor output is not exactly conducive with today’s labor pool to say the least.

5% and some change here and we get the same thing. 12 go in the trailer. A couple make it to the tour. I might see one of the people again that week but never again. Lots of quit at break. People straight walk out. I'm guessing now that it's the third time they've asked in a month, a lot of insiders are gonna be running helper. Good. The way it should be.

barnyard

KTM rider
I am on vacation this week. Last week, the PCM was that we were very short on helpers. We need 31 and have 7 hired and very few showing up for interviews.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

I think it's more of pay issue. $10 bucks a hour isn't much of a motivational factor.