Culture of Dishonesty

Seymour Packages

For a company that routinely misrepresents its numbers and lies to its employees, it is pretty ballsy for them to expect honesty from the rank and file with a straight face. I just got a helper today that was promised "12 hours a day". I laughed in his face. Bid drivers are barely getting their 8 right now. Good kid, just roped in by HR/ORS lies. A seasonal driver in my center is running his lilly white ass off attempting to get a job after peak because every night when he backs in, the management team is there singing his praises. "This kid got it. He may be the one! Good job buddy!" No shame. They will run him all peak and discard him like a used rubber. All I can do is shake my head and laugh. I see it every single year. 7th peak with UPS and the tactics don't change. Dishonesty 24/7, the UPS way.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
I decided not to have a helper this year. I can’t stand seeing the tears come down my helpers cheeks every time I ask for the helper vest back..
🧔✊

El Correcto

god is dead
For a company that routinely misrepresents its numbers and lies to its employees, it is pretty ballsy for them to expect honesty from the rank and file with a straight face. I just got a helper today that was promised "12 hours a day". I laughed in his face. Bid drivers are barely getting their 8 right now. Good kid, just roped in by HR/ORS lies. A seasonal driver in my center is running his lilly white ass off attempting to get a job after peak because every night when he backs in, the management team is there singing his praises. "This kid got it. He may be the one! Good job buddy!" No shame. They will run him all peak and discard him like a used rubber. All I can do is shake my head and laugh. I see it every single year. 7th peak with UPS and the tactics don't change. Dishonesty 24/7, the UPS way.
It’s kind of an endearing Christmas tradition. We invite the poor out of work people to come do seasonal work and show them how good we have it. Make them a bunch of false promises, maybe watch as they blow their checks on getting their kids a big Christmas celebrating their new found full time employment, then kick them to the curb come january. It’s all in good fun.

UPSER1987

7 whole peaks huh? Lol

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

If they were straight with these folks nobody would show up

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
12 HOURS A DAY ?????
Some helpers will barely get 12 hours a week until mid-Dec
:rofl: :rofl::rofl::rofl:

BrownStains

I was a seasonal driver and helper for many years before I got full time. Always knew when peak was over it was back to preload. I don’t know what you want them to say . Not everybody can be handed a job off the streets . It took me 10 years Of preload / seasonal before I got full time . That’s just the way it is in some places.

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box
Hey! you can get some mileage off a used rubber. No need to use it just once. He’ll be back.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

It’s kind of an endearing Christmas tradition. We invite the poor out of work people to come do seasonal work and show them how good we have it. Make them a bunch of false promises, maybe watch as they blow their checks on getting their kids a big Christmas celebrating their new found full time employment, then kick them to the curb come january. It’s all in good fun.
I was a seasonal brought on to part time inside work, six months later signed the driver sheet, three months after that was driving. It does happen sometimes.

No1 Special

Long time listener, first time caller.
Same here, seasonal for 4 years, part-time 10 years, and right into driving, even got my own crappy route after 6 years, after one year of that crappy route, finally bid a decent route. That in a nutshell is how my first twenty years went.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
The absolute BEST part is when Older Drivers try and tell the young Seasonal Drivers they will be out the door come December 25 and they want to argue. I had one tell me a couple of years ago I was not only wrong but my onroad had told him that he had a great chance of getting MY route because he was such a go getter. I still laugh over that kid