Customer Service Counters

Karma...

Its time ( if it was ever done ) to evaluate the cost effectiveness of maintaining customer counters....It probably is too expensive to maintain them considering the costs of both staffing and claims paid out ....In this era of saying no and pivoting ups should get back in this case to its roots.....

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Its time ( if it was ever done ) to evaluate the cost effectiveness of maintaining customer counters....It probably is too expensive to maintain them considering the costs of both staffing and claims paid out ....In this era of saying no and pivoting ups should get back in this case to its roots.....
People picking up their package from the center is more cost effective then a driver delivering it to them.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

That's true. We should outsource all packing and shipping services to an outside contractor. They could have retail locations all over, pay their employees minimum wage, no benefits or vacation time. We could call them "The UPS Store", so no one gets confused about the relationship between these contractors and UPS. The utter brilliance! Less money for workers, more for shareholders, 'cause shareholders are all that matter.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

Yea..I agree we should close all those UPS stores...and go back to it’s roots..Union manned Receiving Counters...so right on ...

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
OP thinks that all that matters in running a business is pleasing the shareholders. Unfortunately for everyone, many people share that view.

I believe that there was new language in the 2018 contract that permitted unionizing all Customer Counters nationwide. Casa is one of those Carol worshippers and really does not have the knowledge base to suggest anything. Particularly with labor issues.

If they could they would of...

Heavy Package

People picking up their package from the center is more cost effective then a driver delivering it to them.

You're right. It takes the top rate old farts too long to walk to the door, and the new drivers we have hired and "magically" made their 30 day probationary period are too high / lazy / entitled to do anything. UPS makes its money on the "Sweet Spot" Drivers between ages 30-35.

Dr.Brownz

You're right. It takes the top rate old farts too long to walk to the door, and the new drivers we have hired and "magically" made their 30 day probationary period are too high / lazy / entitled to do anything. UPS makes its money on the "Sweet Spot" Drivers between ages 30-35.

More like the 23-28 crowd. By 30 their knees hurt and they start asking how to file 9.5 grievances

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I believe that there was new language in the 2018 contract that permitted unionizing all Customer Counters nationwide.

Yep.

Section 2. Employees Covered

"Employees covered by this Agreement shall be construed to mean, where already recognized, feeder drivers, package drivers, sorters, loaders, unloaders, porters, office clerical, clerks, customer counter clerks, mechanics, maintenance personnel (building maintenance), car washers...."

Sum Gai

Customer counters make money through sales, there are some things you can only do at them like shipping off ammo or firearms, the cost of staffing is negligible because most of them barely have any, and they have nothing to do with claims (I've heard most claims get denied anyways) so I don't know why you even brought that up.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
It's cheaper to give the access point 50¢ per package
My customers in the hood are definitely appreciative on picking up their stuff from an access point too. All my access point deliveries are same day as well because I do them before the pickup of the 2 access points on the route. So I don’t have to deal with them tomorrow and they go get them before they even get home.