Dash cameras for driver protection?

Steamer

I'm kind of curious if we should put a dash camera in our package car even if our center doesn't have them yet. Would it help protect the driver in the event that someone is driving fast running a stop sign or red light if there was an "accident" I've avoided 100s of them like this of course by clearing intersections and anticipating the speed that they are cruising up to the stop.

I don't really call them accidents when morons drive like that on purpose.
We could always lose (format SD card) any information that could be used against us in the event of a mistake. But then again I don't make mistakes.
:-)

Would we be allowed to use our dashcam running on our own battery pack?

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
Why on Earth would you encourage the company to install even more technology? You realize they will use it for discipline any chance they get. There are already cameras watching the road, and us. Sorry but I’m not into it.

542thruNthru

I can tell you right now. Someone could run a red light and hit you and the company still can call it avoidable. We've had people admit they ran a red light and the driver was still dinged. I wouldn't bother using a dash cam

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I can tell you right now. Someone could run a red light and hit you and the company still can call it avoidable. We've had people admit they ran a red light and the driver was still dinged.
You guys do the same thing when it's someone not you behind the wheel. Cry more.

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
I can tell you right now. Someone could run a red light and hit you and the company still can call it avoidable. We've had people admit they ran a red light and the driver was still dinged. I wouldn't bother using a dash cam
Had one of those in our district 2 weeks ago. Tourist ran red light, telematics showed driver slowing coming into intersection, driver gets hit on the side.
Avoidable.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
UPS will use any video to protect themselves. While it may clear the driver of wrongdoing in some instances, more likely than not it will serve in this capacity: driver- firing squad.

542thruNthru

You heard me. After I told about my bull:censored2: bus incident all you asshats think I just plowed through a bus stop like some entitled Karen. You all probably fully deserved every warning letter you ever got.
Sure sound like an entitled Karen. You wanna talk to my manager now about how we hurt your feelings?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
ezgif-6-6dfa0673d5.gif