EGRESS

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
Every night I am sent into trucks 3 or 4 average with no egress mountains of boxes on both sides of the truck.Can I file a grievance for management not maintaining safe working conditions?I don't want to get hurt entering or exiting the truck.So many boxes the roller is stuck on the wall.

Roller252

Every morning I am sent into 1 truck with no egress mountains of boxes on both sides of the truck .Can I file a grievance for management not maintaining safe working conditions? I don't want to get hurt entering or exiting the truck.So many boxes to deliver I can't even find my first stop.

542thruNthru

Every night I am sent into trucks 3 or 4 average with no egress mountains of boxes on both sides of the truck.Can I file a grievance for management not maintaining safe working conditions?I don't want to get hurt entering or exiting the truck.So many boxes the roller is stuck on the wall.
Work safe.

Safely clean the egress as you make your way through the truck. If they demand you climb through the boxes to get in refuse and tell them it's unsafe.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Unless there are physically more pieces that can get fit into the car you usually can start from the cabin and organize all the way to the back, such that your egress is through the vehicle rather than the &&&&ed up belt. I assume you did not crap the boxes out and somebody else is.
In worse-case scenerios I am lucky enough to have package car gaps to sort my egress issue into, if it takes a whole lot of time without making any progress whatsoever, it means it's working. Keep doing that until it is safe to work in the area again.
In total the cost of a supervisor sending you to an egress issue frequently is in the vicinity of 1-2 hours with extremely low performance (drivers: think the time sorting a load but 4x that) as you clean it up.

Integrity

Binge Poster
What doe UPS safety training on egress say as to how you should handle this situation?

Safety training overrides your opinion and your supervisor’s opinion on how this situation must be handled.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Who doesnt delivering the the parcel with the boot print on it? Reminds me of the OJ trial.

oj-simpson-bruno-magli-shoes.jpg

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
You’ll never be a RPCD
🧔✊

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
What doe UPS safety training on egress say as to how you should handle this situation?

Safety training overrides your opinion and your supervisor’s opinion on how this situation must be handled.
I believe the training said, “Kick packages until the egress disappears.”