FedEx freight transfers

Leeann

has anyone transferred to another state with FedEx, non driving position? Is the hiring process the same as new employee and re-do everything? Application, interview, drug testing, orientation? Also, what are the relocate pkgs like?

vantexan

has anyone transferred to another state with FedEx, non driving position? Is the hiring process the same as new employee and re-do everything? Application, interview, drug testing, orientation? Also, what are the relocate pkgs like?
If they treat it like over at Express, you keep all of your seniority, don't interview, etc, you're already in the system. This is for hourly employees. Hourlies don't get relocation expenses, they move at their own expense. If you're going into management they used to be very generous with relocation. Don't know about now.

dezguy

If they treat it like over at Express, you keep all of your seniority, don't interview, etc, you're already in the system. This is for hourly employees. Hourlies don't get relocation expenses, they move at their own expense. If you're going into management they used to be very generous with relocation. Don't know about now.
Perhaps it's different, down there but depending on how badly the station needs bodies, FedEx will offer a moving bonus, up here.

I haven't seen it happen in forever but I remember them offering a $2000 moving allowance for a station that needed bodies badly, about 10 or so years ago.

vantexan

Perhaps it's different, down there but depending on how badly the station needs bodies, FedEx will offer a moving bonus, up here.

I haven't seen it happen in forever but I remember them offering a $2000 moving allowance for a station that needed bodies badly, about 10 or so years ago.
When western North Dakota was going crazy with the oil drilling FedEx jumped starting pay up to over $22hr. I'm sure there's been other situations arise over the years but generally if you want a job it's up to you to get there for hourlies.