FedEx vs UPS models

Brown Buddy

UPSnBrowns
Anyone understand the biggest differences between the two companies?

First thought was independent vs Company drivers and owned trucks....

why? What’s the goods and bad.

Besides limited liability they also have less deductions and don’t get to use depreciation on trucks.

ready for the next biggest difference? Who else can point it out?

Gone fishin

Anyone understand the biggest differences between the two companies?

First thought was independent vs Company drivers and owned trucks....

why? What’s the goods and bad.

Besides limited liability they also have less deductions and don’t get to use depreciation on trucks.

ready for the next biggest difference? Who else can point it out?
Does ups have the same services

Star B

White Lightening
The main reason is Union busting. UPS is classified as a trucking company and FedEx is classified as an airline. If FedEx were to merge ground and express under one company they would be reclassified as a trucking company and The teamsters will be clamoring to try to get in.

Ackerlin

FedEx started from an idea of a college student, a delivery network built around air transportation. UPS was built around delivering telegrams. UPS had to change its model when telephones became a thing.

AB831

The main reason is Union busting. UPS is classified as a trucking company and FedEx is classified as an airline. If FedEx were to merge ground and express under one company they would be reclassified as a trucking company and The teamsters will be clamoring to try to get in.
And when that day comes (and it will), Fat Freddy will be swinging from the rafters in his garage.

fedx

Extra Large Package

FedEx is already crossing that line with their "last mile optimization" program. Essentially they are right now merging Express and Ground unofficially. Hopefully it's just a matter a time before they get called out on it and the Teamsters can get into FedEx. Just the threat of unionization will cause FedEx to reinstate their 10 step BS. I would vote union no matter what. No matter how many pizza parties they throw, no matter how many steps they "promise" to move us up to not vote for a union, no matter how many t-shirts they give us, I'll vote yes for a union.

fedx

Extra Large Package
Wishful thinking, those boys are a lot smarter than you guys that think that way. It's not their first goat roping.

I've worked at a company that had the threat of a union coming in. The company straightened up really fast. It's a lot more likely than your hair brained idea of doing a mass walkout. Your idea will only lead to mass firings. You're right, they've been through more goat ropings than you and your walkout idea.

Star B

White Lightening
I'm not going to dig too deep into politics but look who's in the white house right now. I think Fred isn't worrying too much about people uprising.