Housing Bubble Caused by Greedy Capitalists?

whose fault is the housing bubble?

• house flippers

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • poor people

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
employers shouldnt be putting employees in dangerous situations in the first place.

its true most ppl act like children.

americans only had more and more rights since the founding until recently id say because they fought for it by movements. madison designed the govt so the wealthy had the power bc they were considered responsible. the senate was not elected, it was selected by the wealthy. the constitution was set up to prevent democracy from taking from the rich and giving it to the poor. aristotle said the exact same thing would happen. but aristotle proposed a welfare state to reduce inequality whereas madison diverged and proposed to reduce democracy. so im not so sure how much the constitution is there to protect democracy. theres some good stuff in there no doubt. but its very outdated too. you couldnt get into the EU with that document; it wouldnt pass their standards.

i agree the matrix exists bc not enough ppl make good decisions in the sense of rebelling against it and seeking to get rid of it.
690638DE-8DE4-4C15-959B-8F10A01957F1.gif

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
employers shouldnt be putting employees in dangerous situations in the first place.
Employees should refuse to work in unsafe situations, yet they don't, some because they are fooled into believing the company they work for wouldn't let them get hurt.

its true most ppl act like children.
But one vote one person will change that, right?

americans only had more and more rights since the founding until recently id say because they fought for it by movements.
The rights are all there, the way they are enforced and upheld change with people's beliefs. Many argued at the inception that the constitution, as originally written, made slavery an impossibility. But the attitudes of people at the time overrode the constitution. Just like the attitudes of people today overrides the constitution when they allow lock downs and forced medical experimentation and child sterilization.

madison designed the govt so the wealthy had the power bc they were considered responsible. the senate was not elected, it was selected by the wealthy. the constitution was set up to prevent democracy from taking from the rich and giving it to the poor. aristotle said the exact same thing would happen. but aristotle proposed a welfare state to reduce inequality whereas madison diverged and proposed to reduce democracy. so im not so sure how much the constitution is there to protect democracy. theres some good stuff in there no doubt. but its very outdated too. you couldnt get into the EU with that document; it wouldnt pass their standards.
The constitution is not there to protect democracy. It's there to limit government so as to protect people's rights. As originally written, the constitution does not differentiate between wealthy and poor. It was people's attitudes that caused them to read things into it that aren't there.

i agree the matrix exists bc not enough ppl make good decisions in the sense of rebelling against it and seeking to get rid of it.

The way to get rid of it is for people to take responsibility for themselves, not blame others for their problems, and not demand government do whatever they want.

rickyb

Employees should refuse to work in unsafe situations, yet they don't, some because they are fooled into believing the company they work for wouldn't let them get hurt.

The rights are all there, the way they are enforced and upheld change with people's beliefs. Many argued at the inception that the constitution, as originally written, made slavery an impossibility. But the attitudes of people at the time overrode the constitution. Just like the attitudes of people today overrides the constitution when they allow lock downs and forced medical experimentation and child sterilization.

The constitution is not there to protect democracy. It's there to limit government so as to protect people's rights. As originally written, the constitution does not differentiate between wealthy and poor. It was people's attitudes that caused them to read things into it that aren't there.

The way to get rid of it is for people to take responsibility for themselves, not blame others for their problems, and not demand government do whatever they want.
if you refuse to work in unsafe conditions, you risk retaliation via power corruption and losing your job. i would say i was guilty of not doing enough to combat unsafe railway conditions, but this goes back to the matrix being in the pod; passive consumers of info.

not following orders and participating in power is a step towards ending perpetual childhood

the constitution as it was created is exactly what i said to prevent democracy from working to redistribute wealth. the constitution placed most power in the senate which was selected by wealthy men.

the matrix teaches us that there are sometimes forces more powerful than ourselves which affect our lives. these forces are sometimes to blame, sometimes not. this is a balanced way of looking at things. why would you think outside forces are beyond criticism or blame when theyre wrong? govt can be democratic.

rickyb

again howard zinn says the same thing about the constitution. it was protecting the rich against the poor

Box Ox

if you refuse to work in unsafe conditions, you risk retaliation via power corruption and losing your job. i would say i was guilty of not doing enough to combat unsafe railway conditions

You didn't contact whatever the equivalent of OSHA is up there if things were super dangerous?

the matrix teaches us that there are sometimes forces more powerful than ourselves which affect our lives. these forces are sometimes to blame, sometimes not. this is a balanced way of looking at things. why would you think outside forces are beyond criticism or blame when theyre wrong?

🤣

rickyb

bill of rights added to the constitution after there was a protest. constitution written by rich white men. 20% of us population was slaves at the time. is it so hard to imagine they wrote it in their class's best interest? constitution set up to establish strong central govt to put down rebellions.

rickyb

You didn't contact whatever the equivalent of OSHA is up there if things were super dangerous?

🤣
yea we live in the future, i didnt and apparently alot of other ppl didnt. and if they did, its presumed the regulators are bought off.

safety is bad for profits quite often you know. short term anyways. long term safety is a good idea bc being dangerous leads to civilization collapse.

Box Ox

if you refuse to work in unsafe conditions, you risk retaliation via power corruption and losing your job. i would say i was guilty of not doing enough to combat unsafe railway conditions
yea we live in the future, i didnt and apparently alot of other ppl didnt. and if they did, its presumed the regulators are bought off.
mj.gif

Box Ox

hey since you like chris nolan so much, you mustve learned about about climate catastrophe too

If you're referring to his movie Interstellar I should probably warn you that it's not the best idea to base your opinions on scientific issues on fictional Hollywood productions. I did enjoy the movie though.

Box Ox

we collectively live in the matrix. some of us are more aware of it than others, some of us are fighting against it more than others.
No, we don't.

Indeed. But I'm glad the films continue to be very meaningful to Ricky.

"The Matrix films are about being transgender, the trilogy's co-director says.

That was the original intention but the world wasn't quite ready," says Lilly Wachowski, who came out as trans along with her sister Lana after the films came out.

Fans have speculated about potential meanings behind the iconic films and Lilly confirmed the theory to Netflix.
"I'm glad that it has gotten out," she said.

The Matrix first hit screens in 1999, when Lilly says "the corporate world wasn't ready" for an allegory - a story that can be interpreted to reveal a hidden meaning - about transgender people."

But the director says the films have always been "meaningful" for trans people."

rickyb

If you're referring to his movie Interstellar I should probably warn you that it's not the best idea to base your opinions on scientific issues on fictional Hollywood productions. I did enjoy the movie though.
sometimes movies are right you know

rickyb

Have never heard 33% of blacks have been disqualified from voting. But that also applies to every race.
ok so its about 2% of the US population cant vote because of crimes. not sure what percent of blacks. 8% of all adults have felony convictions vs 33% of blacks.