Housing Bubble Caused by Greedy Capitalists?

whose fault is the housing bubble?

• house flippers

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • poor people

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
if you refuse to work in unsafe conditions, you risk retaliation via power corruption and losing your job.
So? Why would you want to work for a company that would fire you for redusing to work unsafely?

i would say i was guilty of not doing enough to combat unsafe railway conditions, but this goes back to the matrix being in the pod; passive consumers of info.
Did they fire you for redusing to work unsafely? Or did you quit so you wouldn't get hurt?
not following orders and participating in power is a step towards ending perpetual childhood
Do you want to not follow orders out of a rebellious sense of defiance? Or do you want to not follow orders that you find dehumanizing or unsafe?

the constitution as it was created is exactly what i said to prevent democracy from working to redistribute wealth. the constitution placed most power in the senate which was selected by wealthy men.
There were plenty of delegates at the convention. They all had their own agendas. But I'm fairly certain they all knew democracy is awful, so I will agree that they were trying to suppress it by safeguarding people's rights.

the matrix teaches us that there are sometimes forces more powerful than ourselves which affect our lives. these forces are sometimes to blame, sometimes not. this is a balanced way of looking at things. why would you think outside forces are beyond criticism or blame when theyre wrong? govt can be democratic.

You may not be able to control your circumstances, you can always control how you respond to them. You can choose to be a powerless victim, or you can take responsibility for yourself and your actions.

rickyb

So? Why would you want to work for a company that would fire you for redusing to work unsafely?

Did they fire you for redusing to work unsafely? Or did you quit so you wouldn't get hurt?

Do you want to not follow orders out of a rebellious sense of defiance? Or do you want to not follow orders that you find dehumanizing or unsafe?

There were plenty of delegates at the convention. They all had their own agendas. But I'm fairly certain they all knew democracy is awful, so I will agree that they were trying to suppress it by safeguarding people's rights.

You may not be able to control your circumstances, you can always control how you respond to them. You can choose to be a powerless victim, or you can take responsibility for yourself and your actions.
lack of good jobs lol is why i didnt complain but also bc i was a passive consumer of info at the time.

no i quit bc i found a better job

no the constitution was about class and creating a powerful central govt to deal with rebellions related to that. they were rich white men and they acted in their own interest it looks like. a supreme court judge asked what are we celebrating at the 200th anniversary bc the constitution said blacks were 3/5ths a person and protected slavery. this is not about rights lol.

the question is who made these orders? we teh people should be making them, not a minority which is corrupted in their power

blaming yourself and not external forces is playing oprahs game and oprahs a fraud.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
lack of good jobs lol is why i didnt complain but also bc i was a passive consumer of info at the time.

no i quit bc i found a better job

So the system worked for you. Congrats for being a good capitalist employee, keeping the markets healthy by acting rationally.
no the constitution was about class and creating a powerful central govt to deal with rebellions related to that. they were rich white men and they acted in their own interest it looks like. a supreme court judge asked what are we celebrating at the 200th anniversary bc the constitution said blacks were 3/5ths a person and protected slavery. this is not about rights lol.
I disagree. A lot of people don't see the constitution as being about rights, and they are wrong.

the question is who made these orders? we teh people should be making them, not a minority which is corrupted in their power

blaming yourself and not external forces is playing oprahs game and oprahs a fraud.
Who said blame?

Non liberal

heres some facts.

bill clinton was the first democratic to take bribes on par with his republican contender. prior to that, republicans always took more bribes or "fundraising" if that makes more sense. obama took even more bribes than mccain in 2008. this hasnt happened before.
Ok, but of the issues that each side Runs on, the conservative issues are much more working man, middle class friendly then the liberal side. The liberals just take money from the working man and give it to the lazy poor people. I’m sure there are some temporarily down on their luck folks who are also benefiting, but those people would also be taken care of under conservative governance. That’s just like joe Biden who received 38 million donation to his campaign I think it was from warren buffet. Guess who’s trains are now carrying the oil that the keystone pipeline was supposed to carry?

Non liberal

If you're referring to his movie Interstellar I should probably warn you that it's not the best idea to base your opinions on scientific issues on fictional Hollywood productions. I did enjoy the movie though.
Lol, scientific issues. which scientist is looking at the issue?

rickyb

Ok, but of the issues that each side Runs on, the conservative issues are much more working man, middle class friendly then the liberal side. The liberals just take money from the working man and give it to the lazy poor people. I’m sure there are some temporarily down on their luck folks who are also benefiting, but those people would also be taken care of under conservative governance. That’s just like joe Biden who received 38 million donation to his campaign I think it was from warren buffet. Guess who’s trains are now carrying the oil that the keystone pipeline was supposed to carry?
no republican party and democratic party are completely corrupt so dont vote either. the progressive squad has been completely coopted by the democratic party. joe biden is terribly corrupt and has a bad track record. i sorta like justin amash and he left the republicans. and ron paul.

the mainstream media is bad too so turn that off. tucker carlson is the only one who said anything about wikileaks and criminalizing journalism.

rickyb

So the system worked for you. Congrats for being a good capitalist employee, keeping the markets healthy by acting rationally.

I disagree. A lot of people don't see the constitution as being about rights, and they are wrong.

Who said blame?
no the system didnt work i almost died doing that job or driving home from it.

you know what happens when housing prices are high and ppl finish night shifts and theres mediocre public transit? they drive home head bobbing and its worse than being drunk. all the self responsibility in the world isnt going to save you when i fall asleep behind the wheel and do a head on collision with your car.

alot of ppl are in the matrix and see things that arent there.

u know what i learned on the railway. i learned to :censored2: the dog from the other union guys and that capitalism doesnt incentivize me to be a good worker because theres no opportunities for promotion anyways.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
no the system didnt work i almost died doing that job or driving home from it.
You survived, you realized it wasn't the right job for you, you got a better job and you aren't homeless. Sounds to me like you got a lot to be thankful for.

you know what happens when housing prices are high and ppl finish night shifts and theres mediocre public transit? they drive home head bobbing and its worse than being drunk. all the self responsibility in the world isnt going to save you when i fall asleep behind the wheel and do a head on collision with your car.

Yeah, :censored2: happens, and all the democracy in the world isn't going to protect me from random accidents either.

alot of ppl are in the matrix and see things that arent there.
Like cow farts driving climate change.

u know what i learned on the railway. i learned to :censored2: the dog from the other union guys and that capitalism doesnt incentivize me to be a good worker because theres no opportunities for promotion anyways.

You want a promotion? That's not very Democratic or equitable of you.

Box Ox

People are falling asleep at the wheel and killing people because housing prices are high, they work the night shift and public transit isn't great?

They should try getting more sleep.

rickyb

People are falling asleep at the wheel and killing people because housing prices are high, they work the night shift and public transit isn't great?

They should try getting more sleep.
this system doesnt permit that sherlock. this is reality.

yall talk like this is a great system but theres a famous rap song that goes "if you had 1 chance, 1 opportunity..." thats closer to reality.

rickyb

You survived, you realized it wasn't the right job for you, you got a better job and you aren't homeless. Sounds to me like you got a lot to be thankful for.

Yeah, :censored2: happens, and all the democracy in the world isn't going to protect me from random accidents either.

Like cow farts driving climate change.

You want a promotion? That's not very Democratic or equitable of you.
actually yea democracy will protect you from accidents. big oil will destroy everyones future.

yea it could be worse but it could be better too. what i went through was bull:censored2: and it doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure it out. its even worse now, a 1 br is 750,000.

i dont know about your point about promotions. if ppl think their jobs are boring, then maybe they should be able to do different roles or work less which the current system limits

rickyb

What kind of hours were you working when you were apparently driving home with your head bobbing?
on call midnight to 8am or so. i drove at work with my head bobbing too. the regulations say we can refuse work, but no one dare do that cuz you might get fired for something else in retaliation. power corrupts

Box Ox

on call midnight to 8am or so. i drove at work with my head bobbing too. the regulations say we can refuse work, but no one dare do that cuz you might get fired for something else in retaliation. power corrupts

8 hour shifts and your driving home in an exhausted/"worse than being drunk" state wasn't your own fault?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
actually yea democracy will protect you from accidents. big oil will destroy everyones future.
If that's true it's only because the advent of cheap plentiful energy has enabled a population explosion, and the restriction of cheap plentiful energy without a proper replacement will cause untold death and suffering.

yea it could be worse but it could be better too. what i went through was bull:censored2: and it doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure it out. its even worse now, a 1 br is 750,000.
Don't worry, once big oil kills everyone, real estate prices will correct.

i dont know about your point about promotions. if ppl think their jobs are boring, then maybe they should be able to do different roles or work less which the current system limits

Seems to me like the system wants more part time employees to avoid all the costs associated with full time employees.

rickyb

8 hour shifts and your driving home in an exhausted/"worse than being drunk" state wasn't your own fault?
yea i blame the system

can i call in sick without getting fired or refuse the shift frequently? no

is taking a taxi economically reasonable? no

btw this happens all the time. ppl come off night shifts which they dont want to do for reasons i just listed, and they are driving home head bobbing worse than being drunk.

do you think theres law enforcement to catch these guys? no. do you know why? bc its bad for profits and cops and the fake news dont want to end the status quo

rickyb

If that's true it's only because the advent of cheap plentiful energy has enabled a population explosion, and the restriction of cheap plentiful energy without a proper replacement will cause untold death and suffering.

Don't worry, once big oil kills everyone, real estate prices will correct.

Seems to me like the system wants more part time employees to avoid all the costs associated with full time employees.
oil is a "progress trap". its like pushing a herd off a cliff and then you have nothing to hunt. oil and consumerism in moderation could have been a good thing, but we overdid it and were headed towards a huge bust.

its going to be barbarity.

i agree the system wants pt employees...depending on the job. i worked at a union car rental and they treated the casuals like :censored2:, they lost their seniority from lay off and had to start at lowest pay scale if they rehired i think, they threatened them with being fired for not being flexible enough even the hot ones. this system is a giant power corruption.

Box Ox

Mere 8 hour workdays being a reason you'd blame capitalism for someone falling asleep at the wheel and potentially fireballing a family on the road certainly explains a lot.

btw this happens all the time. ppl come off night shifts which they dont want to do for reasons i just listed, and they are driving home head bobbing worse than being drunk.

Oh believe me, I've worked the night shift. The key really is adequate sleep. Especially if you're only working 8 hours.

rickyb

Mere 8 hour workdays being a reason you'd blame capitalism for someone falling asleep at the wheel and potentially fireballing a family on the road certainly explains a lot.

Oh believe me, I've worked the night shift. The key really is adequate sleep. Especially if you're only working 8 hours.
no you havent and ur FOS. most guys didnt not get "adequate sleep" before the night shift.

heres another easy solution: you have shorter shifts that end at 230 am or whatevers good. or dont force workers to come in if they dont want to. i believe its called "voluntaryism" and US libertarians like the word