How the U.S. Government Will...

vantexan

Stick with this video until the end. He makes some very good points. Remember the late 70's-early 80's when inflation was really high? There was an upside to that. People who had fixed rate mortgages from the 60's and 70's saw their ability to pay those mortgages greatly increase. My parents not only paid off their house, built in '65, by the mid 80's but also interest rates were so high that they were receiving a thousand dollars a month in interest on their savings. That lasted a few years. It appears that the Federal government is heading us toward another such period as the national debt is so high that the interest needed to service the debt is growing exponentially. Won't be long before every dollar collected in tax revenue will be needed to service the debt which will cause the Federal government to default. They're already at $1.2 Trillion in interest alone and that's projected to go to $1.7 Trillion in a year. They're going down the same path to inflate away the debt by making it much easier to pay off. How? Everyone's pay will go up which leads to more taxes that are paying off fixed rate debt. As he points out get away from adjustable rate mortgages and credit card debt. They will eat you alive.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Stick with this video until the end. He makes some very good points. Remember the late 70's-early 80's when inflation was really high? There was an upside to that. People who had fixed rate mortgages from the 60's and 70's saw their ability to pay those mortgages greatly increase. My parents not only paid off their house, built in '65, by the mid 80's but also interest rates were so high that they were receiving a thousand dollars a month in interest on their savings. That lasted a few years. It appears that the Federal government is heading us toward another such period as the national debt is so high that the interest needed to service the debt is growing exponentially. Won't be long before every dollar collected in tax revenue will be needed to service the debt which will cause the Federal government to default. They're already at $1.2 Trillion in interest alone and that's projected to go to $1.7 Trillion in a year. They're going down the same path to inflate away the debt by making it much easier to pay off. How? Everyone's pay will go up which leads to more taxes that are paying off fixed rate debt. As he points out get away from adjustable rate mortgages and credit card debt. They will eat you alive.
Unfortunately Paraguay only offers adjustable rate mortgages, what should I do?