I Purchased United Parcel Service Inc. To Meet These Specific Objectives

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
I Purchased United Parcel Service Inc. To Meet These Specific Objectives - Seeking Alpha

Summary

• I purchased UPS for the above-average current yield and dividend growth.
  • UPS has a wide moat and well-defined opportunities for future growth.
  • Bonus video: friend.A.S.T. Graphs deep dive into the fundamentals.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
UPS is a great stock buy, especially since we have discounted buying, but when my manager encouraged me to buy beyond what was given to me in MIP, i couldn't help think of Enron..

Catatonic

Nine Lives
UPS is a great stock buy, especially since we have discounted buying, but when my manager encouraged me to buy beyond what was given to me in MIP, i couldn't help think of Enron..
Not in this day.
I bought around $200k over the years but that was when we were private.
Did not buy any after going public.

dudebro

It's just about diversification. When we were private, it was kind of a special case and being undiversified was sort of justified.
Now, I bought enough to get the extra month, and stopped. It was hard to turn down 5% discount, on the lowest day of the quarter, plus 3.5% at MIP time regardless of the MIP target. That's 8.5%+ before you even get a dividend or share appreciation. It's hard to argue against.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It was a much better buy when the discount was 10% off of the lowest price of the quarter.

I took a huge loss on Enron.