June 1st one FedEx

Guitarman01

We will be called Federal Express corporation. Kind of surprising because I remember hearing they started going with FedEx because they were being confused with the word federal as part of the government or post office.

Beginning June 1st, all current express and ground employees will be employees of FEC.
Funny we will also be called FEC.

Sounds like they have also reevaluated market pay and job title. New market levels will be applied. No planned decreases to base pay. But anyone making more than that.. lol. I guess we will find out real soon.

FedupExpress

We will be called Federal Express corporation. Kind of surprising because I remember hearing they started going with FedEx because they were being confused with the word federal as part of the government or post office.

Beginning June 1st, all current express and ground employees will be employees of FEC.

Sounds like they have also reevaluated market pay and job title. New market levels will be applied. No planned decreases to base pay. But anyone making more than that.. lol. I guess we will find out real soon.
What happened to FedEx One? (One dollar left until we're bankrupt)

Aquaman

I think the top pay is coming down. I know nobody wants to hear that. But they’re not going to keep couriers with benefits running around at $30+/hr next to a contracted driver doing more work at $24/hr. All while claiming we’re all one big happy family now. And what saves money? Because that’s the only thing they care about right now. Bringing Ground up to our pay? Or taking Express down to Ground level.

FedupExpress

I think the top pay is coming down. I know nobody wants to hear that. But they’re not going to keep couriers with benefits running around at $30+/hr next to a contracted driver doing more work at $24/hr. All while claiming we’re all one big happy family now. And what saves money? Because that’s the only thing they care about right now. Bringing Ground up to our pay? Or taking Express down to Ground level.
Anyone who believes ground will become express is delusional... They are going to make everyone contractors, pay them pennies, and scrap all benefits. This company is already on its way out the door (this merger will only delay the inevitable closure).

yadig

Anyone who believes ground will become express is delusional... They are going to make everyone contractors, pay them pennies, and scrap all benefits. This company is already on its way out the door (this merger will only delay the inevitable closure).
Yep, yep.

Guitarman01

An express driver would also be a fool to stick around to deliver ground freight and all the extra BS that comes along with that. So the job basically gets much worse for the same pay, same sporadic step raises as far as we know.

Even if given let's call it the opportunity, it really doesn't sound like a win for anyone going forward whether you are employed by FedEx or the contractor or the person working for the contractor.