Legal Holiday Pay

Upass.

i know that you have to work the day before to qualify for holiday pay , but i didn't go yesterday because i had a subpoena and i am required by law to appear in court ( i am a witness) . So i let my sups know about it. But somehow they code it as Called In which means i don't get my holiday pay , any advices on how to fight it ?

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
i know that you have to work the day before to qualify for holiday pay , but i didn't go yesterday because i had a subpoena and i am required by law to appear in court ( i am a witness) . So i let my sups know about it. But somehow they code it as Called In which means i don't get my holiday pay , any advices on how to fight it ?
Talk to Steward. Here if you’re approved for the day off then you get your holiday pay. Also make sure it says report day before AND after in your supplement. If it says day before OR after you should get paid.

Indecisi0n

What did you do?

iowa boy

It depends on your supplement. Here in the central, we either have to work the day before, or the day after the holiday to qualify for holiday pay.

FedUPSer9816

Full Service
I am a witness and a victim of a hit and run .
source-1.gif

JoesUPSacct

Swollen Member
is there a particular amount of time you have to work at ups before qualifying for holiday pay? i just checked my time card for yesterday and it's showing today as holiday-no pay. i worked yesterday and will be there tomorrow. started in june.

edited to add i just read elsewhere that you don't get holiday pay until one year after your seniority date.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
is there a particular amount of time you have to work at ups before qualifying for holiday pay? i just checked my time card for yesterday and it's showing today as holiday-no pay. i worked yesterday and will be there tomorrow. started in june.

edited to add i just read elsewhere that you don't get holiday pay until one year after your seniority date.
Six months full time here. 12 months part time.

Over70

I’m also interested in knowing this. I started in September and I’ve been paid for the two holidays my supplement says UPS recognizes: Indigenous People’s Day (10/12) and Veteran’s Day (11/11). They come up as “Working Holiday Pay Actual”. Today is obviously a day off, so I’m not completely sure if it’ll just stay as “Holiday - No Pay” and I’d just have to wait for my anniversary, or it will change later in the week.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I am a witness and a victim of a hit and run . Can you now give me any advice?
Just ask for 50 percent or the story changes. I would have asked the attorney about being reimbursed for loss pay beforehand. No $, I do not recall what happened.

JoesUPSacct

Swollen Member
Six months full time here. 12 months part time.
i'm reading my local supplement now while i'm waiting for the turkey. seniority date plus 12 months.

reading this though brings up a follow up question regarding seniority. "After working thirty (30) days within a ninety (90) consecutive day period, the employee shall be placed on the regular seniority list and his seniority date shall be the first day worked within any ninety (90) day period of his employment."

first day worked seems a bit vague. my center posted our seniority list two or three weeks ago. they spelled my name wrong, had my hire date wrong (according to hr) and also had the wrong employee id number. anyway, my seniority date was listed as the first day i showed up to work after qualifying. since i did a straight 30 days qualifying period i obviously worked for 30 days before that.

what should my seniority date be? my supplement says i have 30 days to correct it, this may be my last week if i need to.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
On the issue of paying fact witnesses, the court stated that it is not improper to pay a fact witness at his or her professional rate for lost time. The court noted that federal courts generally hold that a fact witness may be reimbursed for expenses incurred and compensation lost because of the litigation.Jul 30, 2015

MattM

One punch in for the week for my supplement.
And or if you use paid time, that counts too.
One option day Monday, and all scheduled off would give you holiday pay. Sick time counts too. I don’t get why so many folks cash these days out and are left with nothing.

ManInBrown

Is that local by local that you don’t get paid for the holiday if you call out the day before? I can’t imagine that I’ve never called out the day before a holiday. And I don’t remember not being paid. I would’ve remembered that.