Not open for further replies.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
But babe?
2016-06-21_17.50.39.jpg

Last edited:

rod

Retired 23 years

NEVER buy wooden playground equipment. I just had to take a chain saw to the Township's unit that cost them a bundle about 12 years ago. Yes it could have been rebuilt but it was decided that would be too spendy and we have another nice metal set. The metal set-up cost $17,000. Commercial playground equipment is outrageous.

oldngray

nowhere special
NEVER buy wooden playground equipment. I just had to take a chain saw to the Township's unit that cost them a bundle about 12 years ago. Yes it could have been rebuilt but it was decided that would be too spendy and we have another nice metal set. The metal set-up cost $17,000. Commercial playground equipment is outrageous.

My church's daycare has a playground and an inspector just jumped on them to extend the area around a swingset by 6 more feet just in case some preschooler is an Olympic acrobat in disguise.

rod

Retired 23 years
My church's daycare has a playground and an inspector just jumped on them to extend the area around a swingset by 6 more feet just in case some preschooler is an Olympic acrobat in disguise.

A lot of places replaced their wood chip, pea rock or sand in their playrounds with ground up tire chips. Now they are rethinking that idea because they decided they don't really know what chemicals were used in the tire making process. Kind of put the cart before the horse on that idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.