Nothingness Fluff ,part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldngray

nowhere special
A lot of places replaced their wood chip, pea rock or sand in their playrounds with ground up tire chips. Now they are rethinking that idea because they decided they don't really know what chemicals were used in the tire making process. Kind of put the cart before the horse on that idea.

Yeah, we had problems when we tried to use those rubber chips. They were really popular for a while but now the government frowns upon their use.

rod

Retired 23 years
I saw a UPS driver yesterday taking his break in the front seat of his truck just sitting at the curb in the hot sun eating a sandwich. He didn't even bother to find a shady spot to park in. What's with young'ns today. (I guess when I think about it what is even more amazing is that he was taking his break at all).

oldngray

nowhere special
I saw a UPS driver yesterday taking his break in the front seat of his truck just sitting at the curb in the hot sun eating a sandwich. He didn't even bother to find a shady spot to park in. What's with young'ns today. (I guess when I think about it what is even more amazing is that he was taking his break at all).

I would usually take my break in my truck because if I went inside someplace air conditioned I would feel worse when I got back to work. Always in the shade though.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
@FrigidFTSup, the Sentimental Journey at the old Piper factory/airport is this weekend. You and clerkgirl should rent a Cub and check it out.
That would be pretty cool. All the planes I fly have some crazy avionics in them, not used to the old fashioned set up.

I booked a plane in July for her and I to spend a day on Block Island in Rhode Island. Should be a fun adventure. Trying to turn her into a beach person.

rod

Retired 23 years
I would usually take my break in my truck because if I went inside someplace air conditioned I would feel worse when I got back to work. Always in the shade though.

I didn't think it was strange his taking a break in the truck but it was in the upper 80's and humid and a park by the river with lots of shade was only 4 blocks away.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
That would be pretty cool. All the planes I fly have some crazy avionics in them, not used to the old fashioned set up.

I booked a plane in July for her and I to spend a day on Block Island in Rhode Island. Should be a fun adventure. Trying to turn her into a beach person.

It really is cool. More yellow and olive-drab J-3's than you could even imagine. People come in and camp under the wings.

You should come some year.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
A lot of places replaced their wood chip, pea rock or sand in their playrounds with ground up tire chips. Now they are rethinking that idea because they decided they don't really know what chemicals were used in the tire making process. Kind of put the cart before the horse on that idea.
I first noticed that ground rubber in use watching college football. Thought I was seeing things at first.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Are you dogging it?
I'm Pupping it.:D
Siblings-Golden-Retriever-Puppies.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.