Outside job offered

Meatball

I was recently hired and just passed my training, 30 day probation starts next week.

however, I was just offered a job on my last day of training that pays 80k, but is a in a far less stable industry. Would taking this job completely friend* up my chances of returning to UPS? Or would I be “ok” cause I haven’t passed through probation yet and could potentially return and retrain?

I was recently hired and just passed my training, 30 day probation starts next week.

however, I was just offered a job on my last day of training that pays 80k, but is a in a far less stable industry. Would taking this job completely friend* up my chances of returning to UPS? Or would I be “ok” cause I haven’t passed through probation yet and could potentially return and retrain?
If you walk out now you can kiss any future here goodbye. UPS is not going to spend that money on training you then you walk out the door, then you change your mind and want to come back.

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.

You’ll easily make $80K as a top rate 22.4, and if you get RPCD you’ll make that before OT.

I know that’s not the question you’re asking but I wouldn’t chase the quick money just because it’s there if you have other doubts about that particular industry. UPS ain’t going away.

Dragon

Package Center Manager

What is the industry?

Is it a normal job with normal work hours, work life balance?
Lot of other things to consider besides money, you are not stuck here yet?

We will not hire you back...maybe.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
UPS can't get people to work. They will take you back in a heartbeat.
We have not hired any extra drivers for a while because of last year's 22.4 rampage. Then we even had somebody who clearly was having issues driving pass their probation and quit shortly afterwords. He made it only because there was close to zero traffic during the initial covid shutdown and the route had nice wide-open streets.

Still, They need PT way more than they need FT.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
I can’t speak for the whole country but I can tell you if you walk out on us here, you ain’t coming back. Think about what you’re doing before burning that bridge.

Whereistheunion

Last time I checked UPS has a no rehire policy. NOT BULL I'm serious.