Putting cameras in the pkg cars.

I heard UPS is putting cameras in our pkgs cars. Anybody has them already if so what yall think and how many they installed? And whats the purpose of them? Can they use them against us? Thanks so much! Serious inquiries only please!

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
Theyll still eat the chicken nuggets.
D7455EDB-0E80-4655-A76C-A21D0E5C8CB7.jpeg

ltl

Driver facing camera elimination needs to be top priority on the next contract (even above raises). I left a good paying job over driver facing cameras/microphones. Make all the jokes you want to about what you will do on camera, but if you do you will be looking for another job that won't be as good.. Microphones come next and then, like me, you get written up for getting a dorito from a bag, and "using profanity in the course of representing the company (nevermind if was 2 a.m. and I was doing 70 mph on an interstate with the windows up. Then, when the company fires you they have video/audio proof to eliminate your unemployment possibilities. We don't want this.

Last edited:

Poop Head

Judge me.
Driver facing camera elimination needs to be top priority on the next contract (even above raises). I left a good paying job over driver facing cameras/microphones. Make all the jokes you want to about what you will do on camera, but if you do you will be looking for another job that won't be as good.. Microphones come next and then, like me, you get written up for getting a dorito from a bag, and "using profanity in the course of representing the company (nevermind if was 2 a.m. and I was doing 70 mph on an interstate with the windows up. Then, when the company fires you they have video/audio proof to eliminate your unemployment possibilities. We don't want this.
I mean, how :censored2:ing hard is it to drive from point a to point b without looking at your phone, grabbing food or drink, looking at diad, lighting a cig, etc...

And like hell we need to put this above raises and other issues.

KOG72

I’m full of it
I heard UPS is putting cameras in our pkgs cars. Anybody has them already if so what yall think and how many they installed? And whats the purpose of them? Can they use them against us? Thanks so much! Serious inquiries only please!
I have one in my truck just kinda of forgot it is in there by now.Still able to drink and eat a cracker or something smaller without it going off,but if you pick up that cell phone it will light up.

Foamer Pyle

I mean, how *ing hard is it to drive from point a to point b without looking at your phone, grabbing food or drink, looking at diad, lighting a cig, etc...

And like hell we need to put this above raises and other issues.
Your a real genius. UPS will use those cameras to get rid of people in droves, even company people like you. Yes, you will fall the hardest when terminated.

542thruNthru

Yeah @Poop Head you and all the other RPCDs will be fired! Don't think you can hide behind article 6.6 that says they can't fire you based solely on technology. OH NO! THEY WILL FIRE YOU! Then after they fire you they will replace you with a 22.4. don't even think about quoting the contractual language about how that's impossible because you're WRONG!

You will fall... Oh yes... YOU WILL FALL!!

Seriously though it's not number one on the list but technology and discipline needs stronger language and I think it's a issue worth pushing.