Rest In Peace brother. Local 705 lost a driver after he suffered from a heart attack while in the back of the package car . Any help is appreciated.

ManInBrown

I don’t think any chance it’s a scam. OP well known and there are big donations on the page. Many that are a couple hundred bucks, have to think at least one is a co worker. also if he just passed Thursday or Friday it’s not going to be in the newspaper or posted online yet.

Upass.

Seems like a scam. Any proof? I’m finding no media articles or reason to believe this is true.
Bro it’s not a scam , most of the donors you see on the go fund me are drivers and management. And yes it’s not in the media and I wish it was a scam , but the truth is that 38 old driver passed away .

Mr. Marshall

I am not speaking of this man in particular but why is every single death or illness these days reason for a go fund me? At 38 years old it seems to me that is plenty of time to buy life insurance and plan ahead for disaster especially once you have a wife and child. In my building there is a 30 year feeder driver (as in driving feeders for 30 years) with cancer and there is a go fund me posted everywhere. Are they expecting part-timers to donate?

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
I am not speaking of this man in particular but why is every single death or illness these days reason for a go fund me? At 38 years old it seems to me that is plenty of time to buy life insurance and plan ahead for disaster especially once you have a wife and child. In my building there is a 30 year feeder driver (as in driving feeders for 30 years) with cancer and there is a go fund me posted everywhere. Are they expecting part-timers to donate?
Everyone deserves some help. You don’t have to donate. No one is forcing you, I like helping people wether is $5 or $100 if you can help why not? If you don’t want to that’s fine too.

reginald95

Nowadays, people are expected to fund other people's funeral costs. UPS offers a free 4500 dollar payout for death while on the job I believe.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
Because nobody expects to suddenly die when they’re 38 years old. Don’t be a prick. Funeral costs are expensive and it’s to help pay for that because not everybody has the money.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
R. A. was a driver in the Beverly Center, in the Bedford Park IL hub ( a near southwest suburb of Chicago).
Photo067.jpg

Visitation, Funeral Mass, Interment

Redvet94

Even if he had a million in life insurance that wont cover the loss of income and expenses until his daughter is 22. Happened in bedford park center il

Michael Scott

If you die on the job, UPS doesnt have to pony up some big chunk of money? What if you were to do die in an accident while driving a company vehicle, which wasnt your fault, do they pay up then?