Sean O'Brien is a Great Teamster

The big package

Sean O'Brien brings an element as a Teamster leader that we have never had before ! He is not beholden to any political party and has got the teamsters back ! We haven't had a teamster leader who is willing to go to both sides and tell them what the Union workers need to be successful ! Jimmy Hoffa was a lap dog for the Democratic party in Washington DC ! He would have never made a speech like he did at the RNC a couple days ago ! Not only did he do the teamsters proud but he also talked a lot about the American worker because he's trying to recruit more workers to join the teamster union . He also senses a major threat to Teamster and local union jobs with this current administration ! Especially to the auto workers ! He could truly be the difference between strengthening our unions in the future or the unions as a whole weakening and eventually disappearing !

Sean O'Brien brings an element as a Teamster leader that we have never had before ! He is not beholden to any political party and has got the teamsters back ! We haven't had a teamster leader who is willing to go to both sides and tell them what the Union workers need to be successful ! Jimmy Hoffa was a lap dog for the Democratic party in Washington DC ! He would have never made a speech like he did at the RNC a couple days ago ! Not only did he do the teamsters proud but he also talked a lot about the American worker because he's trying to recruit more workers to join the teamster union . He also senses a major threat to Teamster and local union jobs with this current administration ! Especially to the auto workers ! He could truly be the difference between strengthening our unions in the future or the unions as a whole weakening and eventually disappearing !
Well I half agree with you on that

If he was a great Teamster he should have did more to put some pension money into our current contract instead of zero raises

That's not looking out for our future

Thebrownblob

Hi Sean!!

Thebrownblob

Well I half agree with you on that

If he was a great Teamster he should have did more to put some pension money into our current contract instead of zero raises

That's not looking out for our future
Pension issues are difficult to fix. Hopefully with more members and good contracts with pensions, we can get some of this turned around.

Pension issues are difficult to fix. Hopefully with more members and good contracts with pensions, we can get some of this turned around.
Yeah but zero increases is not going to cut it
30 years ago my plan was offering 30 years and out in any age at $3,000 a month

Address it for inflation it would have to be over 5,500 a month right now

We got a lot of good things in this contract but a lot of things was overlooked.

Our raises for next 3 years will not cover inflation.

Thebrownblob

Yeah but zero increases is not going to cut it
30 years ago my plan was offering 30 years and out in any age at $3,000 a month

Address it for inflation it would have to be over 5,500 a month right now

We got a lot of good things in this contract but a lot of things was overlooked.

Our raises for next 3 years will not cover inflation.
I hear the West Coast pension has some extra money……

I hear the West Coast pension has some extra money……
I'm just saying that maybe if you retire today the money doesn't look too horrible but if the newbies get the same amount of money that we are now 20 or 30 years from now it's not going to be worth nothing.

Don't get me wrong we got a lot of good things this contract but some of that was just the bolster the Union
Every contract he negotiated got a big raise up front and smaller raises in the middle of the contract
That increase in Union dues gives the teamsters a lot of cash

Last edited:

fishtm2001

"You may note that the statement doesn’t address the Republicans’ enduring and ongoing opposition to unions, or the officials whom Trump appointed when president (Labor Secretary Eugene Scalia, NLRB General Counsel Peter Robb, et al.) who devoted themselves to crippling unions in every way they could. It ignores the assessments of dispassionate historians that Biden is either the most pro-union president since FDR or the most pro-union president ever."

The American Prospect

Box Ox

"You may note that the statement doesn’t address the Republicans’ enduring and ongoing opposition to unions, or the officials whom Trump appointed when president (Labor Secretary Eugene Scalia, NLRB General Counsel Peter Robb, et al.) who devoted themselves to crippling unions in every way they could. It ignores the assessments of dispassionate historians that Biden is either the most pro-union president since FDR or the most pro-union president ever."

The American Prospect

What’s your point? Sean didn’t endorse anyone. He spoke about labor and essentially said the Teamsters are here if you want to talk to the likely next President.

Leftists typically wouldn’t even allow someone they disagree with to speak at the smallest of meetings so it’s understandable that many of them might be confused about why O’Brien did the RNC thing.