Snow Protocols

Seymour Packages

Those of us here in the Northeast are expecting a major snow event later this week. In my experience, snow days are the easiest workdays of all. CL1 and EC all day at 6 stops an hour, max. And the best part is all the rolled pkgs and extra OT later in the week. Let it snow! 💵💵💵

rod

Retired 23 years
Those of us here in the Northeast are expecting a major snow event later this week. In my experience, snow days are the easiest workdays of all. CL1 and EC all day at 6 stops an hour, max. And the best part is all the rolled pkgs and extra OT later in the week. Let it snow! 💵💵💵
Why only 6 stops an hour? Do you let a little snow slow you down? pusillanimous

opie

Bulk of it is happening overnight here. So the problem is waking up in the morning with potentially 18 inches on the ground. They may just tell everyone to stay home for the day. Figuring not a lot work will make it to the building plus people not able to even get to work etc.

ManInBrown

We closed one time in NJ about 4-5 years ago. I was still in package. Stewie send a text at about 8pm. Closed tomorrow. Do not report. We were supposed to get 20 inches. We didn’t get one flake. The biggest weather screw up by the meteorologists I’ve ever seen.

Bulk of it is happening overnight here. So the problem is waking up in the morning with potentially 18 inches on the ground. They may just tell everyone to stay home for the day. Figuring not a lot work will make it to the building plus people not able to even get to work etc.
18" is a dusting in these parts. There again, not every place is equipped to deal with it either.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
1608144774780.jpeg

@542thruNthru do you know what this is?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
The snow will be heavy all night in NY metro so no one will be able to get to the hubs including feeders.

Day off tomorrow is my guess.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
this your first snow storm?

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
Dispatch already bumped back our preload start time due to the predicted drop in volume tomorrow since there will be a trickle-down from the feeders not being able to get in. Our center is below the snow line and its going to be sunny here tomorrow. Hopefully another easy 8 hour day.