Sunken in ground trash garbage cans

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
So I transferred to a new FXG terminal....one of my cover routes have this:
sketch-1598630451433.png

Dang, that's sucks for the garbage person to be constantly bending down to pull out those cans...

Our suburbia already upgraded to big cans for automated trash trucks a year ago.

You drive in an area with these antiquated cans ???

rod

Retired 23 years
So I transferred to a new FXG terminal....one of my cover routes have this:
View attachment 307549

Dang, that's sucks for the garbage person to be constantly bending down to pull out those cans...

Our suburbia already upgraded to big cans for automated trash trucks a year ago.

You drive in an area with these antiquated cans ???
And people think their job sucks. Talk about working out of your power zone.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
And people think their job sucks. Talk about working out of your power zone.
I think it'd be more comfortable and natural to lift out of. Lifting out of a regular trash can involves awkwardly craning over the top and pulling out with just your elbows, shoulders and back bearing all the weight as you raise your arm above your head just so you can clear the can.

rod

Retired 23 years
I think it'd be more comfortable and natural to lift out of. Lifting out of a regular trash can involves awkwardly craning over the top and pulling out with just your elbows, shoulders and back bearing all the weight as you raise your arm above your head just so you can clear the can.
You are kidding aren't you? garbage men don't lift each individual sack out of the containers.

Method Mensch

Growing up in the Northeast, we used to have a fair amount of garbage cans in the ground. They're long gone now. The benefit was that they didn't stink to high heaven in the warmer months, and their metal lockdown lid kept the critters out and from knocking trash cans down.

There were even a few concrete storage spaces by the front door for the milkman or the eggman back then. Again, long gone now.

rod

Retired 23 years
Growing up in the Northeast, we used to have a fair amount of garbage cans in the ground. They're long gone now. The benefit was that they didn't stink to high heaven in the warmer months, and their metal lockdown lid kept the critters out and from knocking trash cans down.

There were even a few concrete storage spaces by the front door for the milkman or the eggman back then. Again, long gone now.

My Dad burried a cooler in the ground so the Schwans guy could leave his stuff there if he wasn't home.