Teamsters exec announces challenge to O’Brien after RNC speech

Trailer monkey

International Brotherhood of Teamsters Vice President at large John Palmer announced he is mounting a challenge to current President Sean O’Brien after he gave a speech at the Republican National Convention.

In a letter, Palmer said he was officially announcing his candidacy for Teamsters national office in the 2026 election and invited all Teamsters to join him in forming an opposition slate to “send Sean O’Brien back to the truck.”

542thruNthru

International Brotherhood of Teamsters Vice President at large John Palmer announced he is mounting a challenge to current President Sean O’Brien after he gave a speech at the Republican National Convention.

In a letter, Palmer said he was officially announcing his candidacy for Teamsters national office in the 2026 election and invited all Teamsters to join him in forming an opposition slate to “send Sean O’Brien back to the truck.”
Posted this already. ;)
GS4IgivXEAAfl9E.jpg

It's more than the RNC. TDU members not happy TDU doesn't hate the IBT.

It was inevitable. Members thought TDU wanted reform. No they wanted a seat at the table and a slice of the pie.

Thebrownblob

Reads like a deranged rant.
He’s taking his shot. I think he’ll miss badly, but that’s his choice.

Sean has definitely went against conventional wisdom. That’s a big no no to a lot of people.. So in essence, Sean has also taken his shot, if he misses, he also may pay the price. For the sake of our Union, I hope he didn’t miss.

542thruNthru

Sean has definitely went against conventional wisdom. That’s a big no no to a lot of people.. So in essence, Sean has also taken his shot, if he misses, he also may pay the price. For the sake of our Union, I hope he didn’t miss.
Not enough of a swing for either side for it to really effect him in my opinion. Hell most just complain and post on social media but, don't vote.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right

I mean, O'Brien should lose his job because Trump "wrongly accused five black men of murder".

WTH is this nut even talking about? Seems stupid and made up, but also doesn't have anything to do with union issues at all.

Bizarre rant.

Thebrownblob

I mean, O'Brien should lose his job because Trump "wrongly accused five black men of murder".

WTH is this nut even talking about? Seems stupid and made up, but also doesn't have anything to do with union issues at all.

Bizarre rant.
Well, even internal union politics is a lot like national politics. He’s playing to a base. Giving them the red meat.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Well, even internal union politics is a lot like national politics. He’s playing to a base. Giving them the red meat.

Has he ever been a member or supporter of the Hoffa administration? Nuff said.

By the way I had 10 years seniority over him, joined the Teamsters in “77”.. I seen a lot of nut cases over the years..

What’s his angle?