Them rear view camera feeds are recorded, in case you didn't know it.

For anyone new or not in the know, I have it on good, first hand authority from a disciplined driver that those rear view camera feeds are recorded and stored for future reference. This particular driver inadvertently drove over and damaged the edge of someone's lawn. That property owner complained to the company, and the driver was then called onto the carpet in his center manager's office for an 'instant replay' of his driving several days later. His center manager had the video feed from this driver's package car's rear view camera on his office computer screen. Being a new, seasonal driver, he was promptly terminated, even after offering to personally make financial restitution to the property owner for the damage he caused. Seems like kind of a very arbitrary and capricious punishment for a first time incident/accident, yet I digress. So anyways, I guess, file this under 'the more you know.'

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
For anyone new or not in the know, I have it on good, first hand authority from a disciplined driver that those rear view camera feeds are recorded and stored for future reference. This particular driver inadvertently drove over and damaged the edge of someone's lawn. That property owner complained to the company, and the driver was then called onto the carpet in his center manager's office for an 'instant replay' of his driving several days later. His center manager had the video feed from this driver's package car's rear view camera on his office computer screen. Being a new, seasonal driver, he was promptly terminated, even after offering to personally make financial restitution to the property owner for the damage he caused. Seems like kind of a very arbitrary and capricious punishment for a first time incident/accident, yet I digress. So anyways, I guess, file this under 'the more you know.'
99 percent of seasonal drivers that have accidents are terminated. Especially if the volume is manageable.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I consider it driveway drainage. Now the water can flow down the channel.
ezgif-1-77c16373c574.gif

I don’t know if the video is saved indefinitely, but in this case, the center manager screened the relevant video (before to the former seasonal driver’s eyes) on his desktop computer several days later. This was in the Chesapeake region, and I will try to find out how old or new the package car was.

Indecisi0n

Wait a sec, the center manager has carpet in his office !?

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
I mean I made book; if I can do it, anybody can. They did him a favor. It seems harsh at first glance, but that’s what you get for being a little bit careless.

“A little bit careless that’s like being a little bit pregnant!”

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
This is BS! I along with most stewards would of seen this by now. While I’ll admit the information they have is rather impressive, this is not yet part of their repertoire.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
That disciplined driver would have told the world by now....

quad decade guy

Ok. Yet, why wouldn't they "record" it? There are cameras and sensors all over my feeder truck. Including microphones....I've seen them and seen the fuses for them. Now, you say BS but offer no evidence. It seems MORE logical that the "story" is true. Besides, would the company reveal their secrets? It seems to me, that if they know when you back, wear a seatbelt or have the bulkhead door open they'd record everything else. My Ivis(phone) has a camera(like all phones).....looking right at me. I cover it with my mask......to uh cut down the harsh ambient light from the screen......true story...

I’ll make sure to pick my nose when I’m being recorded
To be clear, what I'm talking about here is the video feed from the rear camera at the back roofline of the package car. That has nothing to do with those unconfirmed rumors there is a camera somehow (pointed at the driver) built into the monitor you use to see what's behind your package car.