Three technologies UPS is using to get ahead

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Roadie? Hiring non-union people to do bargaining unit work?

That'll go over like a lead balloon.
don't hold your breath there kiddo, it was a smashing success last peak

besides as long as we pay off the old timers they'll roll over and let us do whatever we want in the future because of the good old union brotherhood saying of ":censored2: you, i've got mine"

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

besides as long as we pay off the old timers they'll roll over and let us do whatever we want in the future because of the good old union brotherhood saying of ":censored2: you, i've got mine"

And a hale and hearty up yours to you, phony IE dork.

tadpole

Hahaha. UPS is a technology company. SMH. Then why can't we fix the errors in our trace? Why does the system try to fix addresses that are correct and send them to the wrong route? Why does smartstop not let me DR to apartments? Why is there no tool to show which stops are commercial? Why can't we have DIAD batteries that last a full day?

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Ups is a "report" company that spends it's days mostly trying to figure out why the computer model is usually failing.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Hahaha. UPS is a technology company. SMH. Then why can't we fix the errors in our trace? Why does the system try to fix addresses that are correct and send them to the wrong route? Why does smartstop not let me DR to apartments? Why is there no tool to show which stops are commercial? Why can't we have DIAD batteries that last a full day?
1. lazy pds
2. bad clerks/data scrub
3. because DFU's
4. there is
5. my DIAD never had a problem, your OMS is lazy and not taking care of the DIAD racks properly

Catatonic

Nine Lives

You certainly have history on your side with that prediction.

tadpole

1. lazy pds
2. bad clerks/data scrub
3. because DFU's
4. there is
5. my DIAD never had a problem, your OMS is lazy and not taking care of the DIAD racks properly

You can make excuses but if we were really a "tech company" these issues would be addressed and rectified.

And no dr smartstop is because it incorrectly thinks you are trying to DR a commercial stop.

If there is a tool to show which are commercial stops then why can't we have it show us which businesses we have left on the diad? Whenever anyone covers my route they miss my shelf 7 & 8 businesses.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
You can make excuses but if we were really a "tech company" these issues would be addressed and rectified.

And no dr smartstop is because it incorrectly thinks you are trying to DR a commercial stop.

If there is a tool to show which are commercial stops then why can't we have it show us which businesses we have left on the diad? Whenever anyone covers my route they miss my shelf 7 & 8 businesses.
One of technology's core rules ... GIGO!

GIGO - Garbage In, Garbage Out

gman042

Been around the block a few times
Simple is better. Technology tends to make the most mundane task far more complex than it needs to be. We see it in our routes on a daily basis. We should never had businesses on our 7s and 8s. Business stops should always be a priority. orion be damned if it adds a few extra miles to make service on a business in a timely manner. There was one day a few weeks ago that orion had me delivering 90 RESI stops before I ever began my business in town. There were nearly 20 businesses that were set to be delivered after 5.
Technology company.....pishaw.
Let's get back to the basics.